Isn't the new Dodge Challenger sexy?

Um the elise is perfect as it is, a light weight sports car which world class handling, as you have a corvette I don't think you're into that ,as light as the corvette is for a v8 sports car.
As for the power to weight going down signifcantly with you in it, lose some weight and stop thinking of using it like a truck or suv :p
Only gear that should be in is perhaps some gold clubs :D
I'm 6'3" so if I lost much weight I couldn't knock people around on the basketball court and after buying a Corvette I couldn't afford a truck or suv. ;)

Heck, I might not even fit in an Elise as most sports cars aren't built for drivers over 6 feet.

Somehow a Challenger thread was dragged into a handling conversation, but as might have been said before the Challenger's purpose isn't to be the best handling car on the road. It won't be priced like a Lotus either and will be meant to be an everyday driver.

I wonder what percentage of Challenger buyers will even remember the original Challenger. It's before my time. I'm not sure names are as important as marketing people think they are. Just make good cars, that's been the problem for American companies.

Well GM must only be good at making bigger engines. They contract out for Honda to supply them engines, I think around 90k a year.
Honda and BMW generally take out the awards for engine design dont they?

On the note of driver size how big are luxury and sports cars like the Elise's drivers seats?
I cant imagine them being that small, Jeremy Clarkson seems to have no problem fitting into any even the Ariel Atom and hes 6ft 3in isnt he?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never ridden in an Elise, but one thing that bugs me is how light it is. That might be fine if you're a small person and just drive on a track, but add someone like myself that's over 200 pounds and some gear for a road trip and that power to weight ratio has gone down significantly.
The added gear part is no problem. It won't fit in the elise

That car in the OP looks like a reanimated 1970s abomination. Who would design something like that? Or more importantly: who would buy something like that?

The same people who buy all the other hideous cars American manufacturers are churning out. I don't mind the Mustang when it's under a full racing kit, but everything else is a disaster.

To my taste, that new camaro is simply ugly. Plain and simple, far too many things wrong (in my view) to point out.

As for the challenger, it's not too bad, but why are the lights cut off on the top? It looks kindof stupid, like eyelids, but intentional.
Also whats with the 'hump' over the back wheels, both cars seem to have em, and both really don't look that good.

As for the corvette, I'd rather a DB9 :yes:

[edit]

Ohh and I did happen to see a new mustang parked right along side an old mustang once when I was last in the US... Pft no comparison :p

Last edited by a moderator:
The same people who buy all the other hideous cars American manufacturers are churning out. I don't mind the Mustang when it's under a full racing kit, but everything else is a disaster.
I'm assuming you're in Australia so this comment is kind of ironic where GM is concerned. Their Australian subsidiary, Holden, is playing a large role in future designs even though the current design on the market, GTO, doesn't seem to be selling all that well.

Graham, I agree the Aston's are sweet, but they're also quite pricey. If price is no object I'll raise you ten Aston Martin's and take a McLaren F1. :smile: If I could fine one for sale that is.

Heck, you wanna do something like that get an Ariel Atom. :)

ariel_atom_2.jpg

jay_leno_ariel_atom-02.jpg

I'm assuming you're in Australia so this comment is kind of ironic where GM is concerned. Their Australian subsidiary, Holden, is playing a large role in future designs even though the current design on the market, GTO, doesn't seem to be selling all that well.

Graham, I agree the Aston's are sweet, but they're also quite pricey. If price is no object I'll raise you ten Aston Martin's and take a McLaren F1. :smile: If I could fine one for sale that is.

Mclaren F1 has a cluncky gearbox and bad brakes. And it has 3 seats wich is just lame because you want a hot girl sitting next to you, not 2 fighting behind you.

Your better of buying a Enzo (not as fast, but it way better than the F1 in just about anything) or a koeningsegg CCX (though you probably die while trying to drive it) wich is faster than the F1.

Forget the Enzo, that is one of the most uninspiring cars that Ferrari has delivered in a long, long time. I'll take the less performing but more gorgeous F430 any day.

The corvette is a great sports car for those on a budget and want great bang for their buck. Comparing it to an Elise is rather funny seeing as they are two completely different classes of car. The Elise is designed for the track and not meant for anything comfort. It's a light weight car that can take corners like no other, and such a pleasure to drive. The Elise is only a weekend car and not meant to be a daily driver like the Corvette can be. It's comfy enough and is really easy to drive compared to many other sports cars.

The new Challenger looks pretty sad. I'm getting tired of the retro look when all these cars look like remodeled bricks.

The McLaren F1 is a nice car and it has had years at the top of the list. It will be remembered as one of the most significant and best cars for its time for years to come.

I would like to test drive the new Bugatti Veyron but I wonder how the driving experience is. I did read the review in Evo car magazine and it seems decent.

And if someone actually wants a 4,000 lb. car with a big engine then get a bull.

The 98 - 02 Fbody cars are nice even though they aren't the best handling things out their stock. I can see a few modded ones that will tear it up on the drag strip (if that's what you're into) and on the track.

Forget the Enzo, that is one of the most uninspiring cars that Ferrari has delivered in a long, long time. I'll take the less performing but more gorgeous F430 any day.

You think so? I think the Enzo is awsome. The f430 is great too, its has one of the best chassis ever made. But I wouldnt call it a gorgeous car. Its a mix from all the models Ferrari has made the last couple of years. The front is from the 360, the side from the f40, the back from the enzo etc :p But that doesnt matter because Ferrari has made ugly cars for years but they just got something wich makes them look gorgeous even if they look ugly.

The McLaren F1 is a nice car and it has had years at the top of the list. It will be remembered as one of the most significant and best cars for its time for years to come.

Its only fast, your even better of buying a F40 if you want good handling.

I would like to test drive the new Bugatti Veyron but I wonder how the driving experience is. I did read the review in Evo car magazine and it seems decent.

Hmm I dont think it will be good. The car is way to heavy and the whole design just seems to focus around going fast in a straight line instead of going fast around corners. Unlike a CCX or a enzo wich just look like they will go fast around a track.

As for the challenger, it's not too bad, but why are the lights cut off on the top? It looks kindof stupid, like eyelids, but intentional.

Ohh and I did happen to see a new mustang parked right along side an old mustang once when I was last in the US... Pft no comparison :p

the "eyelids" are obviously there to make the car look stoned. ;)

and that's the one thing i dislike about the churning up of these retro styles -- they really are all far too jellybeaned to do anything besides make you wistful for the past. the Challenger comes across unusually well for this style, IMO, but it's definitely a pale shade of the original.

Back