is it a boat, is it a plane... no it's... it's... what is it

holy shit where do i get one!?!?!!!!!!!?!?!!??!!!??!!?!!/1111/1//1////11//

OMFG that has to be the coolest toy ever made by man!!!!! The mixture of water and sky.....YES!!!!!!....i'm getting this...I must now search!!!

EDIT: oh man..I hope its not fake.....it looks to awesome....

Last edited by a moderator:
but it would be more interesting to make you suffer a little longer...

but i'm too nice for that.... gerbers rc store is the place you seek. currently out of stock but he's getting some in on friday apparently.

http://www.gerbersrcstore.com/store/product.php?productid=20672&cat=0&page=1

good news for you american boys, but shipping is a bit gash to the UK. am currently looking at buying about 5 from him because from the package dimesnions it will make a much more sensible size package to ship 5 at a time and be much more economical per unit. just need to find 4 other people who want one, or ebay them!

edit - just thought i better point out before anyone wets them selves about it only being $60, that it's just the body - you need to add all the components

rusty said:
edit - just thought i better point out before anyone wets them selves about it only being $60, that it's just the body - you need to add all the components

Yeah I saw that part, but once you get the parts together and build it...there MUST be a huge sence of accomplishment..then to see the thing fly..OooOOoohh..i'm thinking about getting this myself...but i've never built a R/C "Anything" before...is it hard?

I'd probably need a bigger lake to play in. Pretty annoying to smash the boat/plane thingy in a damn tree during the test drive. :smile:

Very cool toy though. :LOL:

BlueTsunami said:
Yeah I saw that part, but once you get the parts together and build it...there MUST be a huge sence of accomplishment..then to see the thing fly..OooOOoohh..i'm thinking about getting this myself...but i've never built a R/C "Anything" before...is it hard?

no it's not hard... it's easy.

the main thing is the cost of all that adding up... i'd guess you need 3 micro servo's, a 4ch radio and reciever, a speed contoller, an electric motor of some description, and possibly a v-mixer (not sure about that though - depends on the radio you get and how the 'boat' is set up internally.

so that 60 dollar boat turns into nearer 250-300 by the time you get all that (although the more you look around the cheaper you will find this stuff

but it's insanely cool so i think it's definately worth it. the thing is the quickest boat i've ever seen! plus it's a boat that can fly and go over ground.... just too cool for school! be warned though - it doesn;t look like it's easy to fly, you may want to practise over the water just for the softer landing!

$60 is not cheap for a couple of sheets of plastic foam. Here's some detailed pictures of one of the prototypes from the video. It seems things got a little hectic for the guy handeling the design when they realized how insanely cool people thought their idea was. Answering questions, trying to set up a kit-buisness aroud it, 'copycat' kits (saw a german site selling them for €22 earlier) and free 'inspired by' plans turning up. The whole thing started here , and there are boatloads (or planeloads if you will) threads about it in that forum.

i agree, but not everyone has the time or inclination to make their own craft from scratch.

and $60 is pretty standard fare for a base kit... i assume it includes propeller etc too

but yeah, if you were so inlcined you could make one yourself pretty cheap!

rusty said:
$60 is pretty standard fare for a base kit... i assume it includes propeller etc too
True that, but from the wording I think it only include the cutouts. Fom the picture I'd say they're based on the plans in this thread, and those seems to be a bit of a 'community trial and error' work in progress. There are build pictures, (semi) success stories, and videos further on in the thread, though. These things aren't exactly sturdy, and I don't think they appear to be easy to fly. Better keep an extra sheet of foam ready in any event.

i'm not sure what it includes tbh...

i know that it has carbon rods for stiffness across the body... if the kit comes with all the precut parts and push rods, and propellor then i'd happilly pay $60 for the convenience

and no, it certainly doesn't look easy to fly

rusty said:
i'm not sure what it includes tbh...
Me neither. It was only that 'no hardware' line that made me think that you'd need to supply everything down to the controller wire/rods yourself. BTW: Here's that German site (in English) i saw before. From $23 with additional volume discount, but this is definately just the cutouts.

Back