Intel CEO Brian Krzanich fired, NOT for insider trading or fab delays. You won't believe why!

lol at least they disclosed why

Sources told CNBC that 'Krzanich violated a policy that said he could not have a relationship with an employee who directly reported to him. The relationship ended and took place "some time back," the people said. It's unclear with whom Krzanich had the relationship. The company was only recently made aware of the relationship, at which point they began probing and Krzanich was asked to resign'.

Is this the guy they were investigating for the shares debacle after the security flaw announcements?

Sounds like a convenient thing to bring up from his past to get him out.

/tinfoil

Yep, it's a perfect excuse so they don't have to publicly fire him over failing as CEO (at least that's what I'm hearing, even though Intel makes record profits apparently Krzanichs decisions have pretty much all failed in one way or another and profits are more thanks to work before him)

Sorry for the ultra-clickbaity title. I thought it was the best considering the subject at hand. Also I always wanted to make one of those.
It's terrible, shame on you.

We should get 1 free pass on clickbait titles then we get banned for consecutively longer periods.

According to an analyst on CNBC, this affair happened a decade ago. There's little chance that it was anything but an excuse for the board to lay him off for overpaying for acquisitions, bungling tick-tock, and their recent 10nm woes. I would look for Hock Tan (not a fan of him but...) to ride in and spin off the manufacturing unit along with some of their lagging, non-core divisions.

Well, Intel lost their process lead under his tenure so not that surprising I guess.

Last edited:
According to an analyst on CNBC, this affair happened a decade ago. There's little chance that it was anything but an excuse for the board to lay him off for overpaying for acquisitions, bungling tick-tock, and their recent 10nm woes. I would look for Hock Tan (not a fan of him but...) to ride in and spin off the manufacturing unit along with some of their lagging, non-core divisions.
Agreed, but why the use this decade old infraction? Maybe they calculated a vague "sabbatical" story would do more damage to his career options? Or the board didn't want him getting off that easy...

Last edited:
Agreed, but why the use this decade old infraction? Maybe they calculated a vague "sabbatical" story would do more damage to his career options? Or the board didn't want him getting off that easy...
If they said they fired him because he failed to maintain the company's technical advantages, then they are publicly admitting they lost it.

I would think the AMD ceo would have a very expensive noncompete clause for Intel (and vice versa).

She basically knows everything about AMD now and what’s planned for the next 5 or so years so that would be absolutely devastating to AMD if she were to leave for their main competition.

Why would the CEO of AMD even think about jumping ship when AMD have Intel on the backfoot?
I guess it depends on whether you're a CEO that's dedicated to a company or a CEO that's dedicated to a company until someone writes a check with lots of zeroes.

Back