Indiana Jones IV in the making!

London Geezer

Legend
Supporter
YAY i loved the first movies, although i thought it was a trilogy...? Oh well, Spielberg is doing it, that would give it some credibility at least... Although this could turn out to be an Episode 1 case all over again...

Indiana Jones IV Script Ready to Shoot
Indy is now in the hands of Spielberg and Lucas.

January 30, 2004 - Frank Darabont, the Young Indiana Jones writer, has completed his script for a fourth and final Indiana Jones movie, Variety magazine reports.

Since it sounded like a more-or-less script was already in Spielberg's hands last summer, this version of the screenplay may be a more polished re-write. "I've finished my work, so now it's in the hands of God, or Spielberg and Lucas, if you prefer," said Darabont. Darabont has been working on the script in close collaboration with presumed-director Spielberg, producer Lucas, and lead actor Harrison Ford.

Indiana Jones promises to follow in the footsteps of its wildly successful predecessors with lighthearted, globetrotting action. With Harrison Ford not getting any younger, the story will be set a decade or two later than The Last Crusade.

Darabont has other several projects on the go at Paramount right now, including a Fahrenheit 451 adaptation and an Indy-esque pulp adventure called Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze.
-- Paul Davidson

By IGN

london-boy said:
YAY i loved the first movies, although i thought it was a trilogy...? Oh well, Spielberg is doing it, that would give it some credibility at least... Although this could turn out to be an Episode 1 case all over again...

Well, the fourth part is supposed to be about Atlantis, isn't. Fans like me having been waiting for this film ever since Lucas Arts "Fate of Atlantis" :!: :devilish: They've got to move to production soon or Harrison Ford can play Sean Connery's part in the fourth movie.

hupfinsgack said:
london-boy said:

Well, the fourth part is supposed to be about Atlantis, isn't. Fans like me having been waiting for this film ever since Lucas Arts "Fate of Atlantis" :!: :devilish: They've got to move to production soon or Harrison Ford can play Sean Connery's part in the fourth movie.

Nah, he can play the Knight like the one at the end of The Last Crusade :LOL:

No, really, i hope they don't turn this into a CGI heavy kind of film, if there was a thing that was great about the originals is that they were shamelessly using "real" things 99% of the time, only using superimposions at times, even when they looked bad... The fact that CGI wasn't really at the level it is today might explain that (MIGHT! :LOL: ) but i want my Indiana Jones to be REAL like the others. With the worms, the funny bits, the rats, the stunts, the cheesy thunderbird-style miniature-model airplanes crashing on a mountain......

I fear that Atlantis will be a good enough reason to turn my childhood cool-hero into a CGI thing... Next thing u know they'll use a CGI Indy to do the stunts... Please Spielberg, be classy!! We know you can do CGI, but leave it out of Indiana Jones!

london-boy said:
No, really, i hope they don't turn this into a CGI heavy kind of film, if there was a thing that was great about the originals is that they were shamelessly using "real" things 99% of the time, only using superimposions at times, even when they looked bad... The fact that CGI wasn't really at the level it is today might explain that (MIGHT! :LOL: ) but i want my Indiana Jones to be REAL like the others. With the worms, the funny bits, the rats, the stunts, the cheesy thunderbird-style miniature-model airplanes crashing on a mountain......

I fear that Atlantis will be a good enough reason to turn my childhood cool-hero into a CGI thing... Next thing u know they'll use a CGI Indy to do the stunts... Please Spielberg, be classy!! We know you can do CGI, but leave it out of Indiana Jones!

I agree. I don't want Matrix effect in Indiana Jones; I want pure Indy feeling. CGI should be at mininium. Yay, and I want at least a cameo appearance of Sean Connery!

Hehehe bless granpa.... He was funny on IJ3 though... I mean he was irritating, but the whole situation was kinda funny!! Maybe it would be good is he did make an appereance...

This movie has the potential to show Angelina Jolie & Co how to do an action-adventure movie...

london-boy said:
Hehehe bless granpa.... He was funny on IJ3 though... I mean he was irritating, but the whole situation was kinda funny!! Maybe it would be good is he did make an appereance...

This movie has the potential to show Angelina Jolie & Co how to do an action-adventure movie...

Hey, don't bring up "Tomb Raider" that was a perfect example of how to not do it. The funny parts weren't funny and the action was lame at best...

hupfinsgack said:
london-boy said:

Hey, don't bring up "Tomb Raider" that was a perfect example of how to not do it. The funny parts weren't funny and the action was lame at best...

Exactly. All it was good for was Missy's Silicon Knights (GET THAT!? :LOL: ) and to be honest it's not my thing anyway, so even that "bonus feature" was rather useless on me...

london-boy said:

IJ3 was IMHO the best of the bunch. I hope IJ4 is at least 75% as good and it will be worth it.

later,
epic

Hey, I've just heard that Silvester Stallone is going to make Rocky 6. :cry: I am open for suggestions for the subtitle...

Since George Lucas obviously isn't writing the script, nor going to direct the movie, this could actually turn out to be a worthwhile sequel... ;)

Gollum said:
Since George Lucas obviously isn't writing the script, nor going to direct the movie, this could actually turn out to be a worthwhile sequel... ;)

You forgot, "and it's not a prequel!" :LOL:

london-boy said:
Gollum said:

You forgot, "and it's not a prequel!" :LOL:

BTW, I was wondering what people are thinking about the Young Indy series? I just hated it, but did sb actually enjoy it?

hupfinsgack said:
Hey, I've just heard that Silvester Stallone is going to make Rocky 6. :cry: I am open for suggestions for the subtitle...

Oh for crying out loud not another Rocky. I say make another Rambo if you have to then go back to the nursing home and rest easy already...

Back