I'M SPYING ON CHINA!

Guden Oden

Legend
And all other countries of the earth.

Over teh intarweb, no less.

Wanna know how I do it? Easy, I just started running the DIMES agent that maps the layout of the 'net. Very weird application! :)

I wonder how slow the main graph window will run when it's mapped out all the servers it can find! :D

Maybe so (though its CPU use doesn't really register on my system), it's still an interesting project, don't you think? And if you think it sucks so bad, why don't you give them a hand improving it? :devilish:

I've run this thing for a couple days now, and it's starting to develop an interesting and rather revealing picture of where the various crossover points in teh intarweb exists.

Initially, it was mostly octopus-shaped patterns that appeared, and even isolated "islands" that comprised two, or sometimes three servers in a triangle connected to nothing else at all! Now there's loops and all kinds of stuff revealing themselves. One has to wonder how the hell packets reach their destination at all throughout this hodgepodge of connections left and right! :D

It seems to have mapped out the european basic infrastructure pretty well (and it is pretty dense with many interconnects), and unlike the US perhaps, it doesn't seem to actually BELONG to anyone or anything; it just states "unknown" as the ISP. So I guess that means it's co-owned by the euro govts or something like that.

On the other hand, the US internet backbone seems to be comprised of all the various large ISPs, and damn is there a lot of them or what. :D Most of the servers that show up are american, mostly ISPs, but I have had some known companies show up too. Not Google or Yahoo or Amazon or any of those guys, just big corporations like AT&T etc.

Back