if you got the money: 100k ebay auctions of LOTS of shit

Zero bids, HMMM... Wonder why?

Oh yeah. Starting bid 100 grand. Yeah, that explains it! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Lemme guess. Some otaku nut that's hit hard financial times perhaps? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Jesus, that's a loada crap if ever I saw it. And some good shit too I might add, but I don't think I need fifteen PS2 consoles in different colors etc so I won't bid on it. Sorry, but good luck anyway to the seller trying to pawn off all this stuff.

McFly said:
AlphaWolf said:
thop said:
I'd actually buy some of the limited stuff if he sold it seperately.

then I suggest you email him, I don't think it's really an auction starting at 100k.

'NO SEPARATE-ITEM(S)' FOR SALE !

Fredi

I know what it said, but do you really think he is going to get a serious bid on ebay for 100k?

Certainly not an amount I would consider spending without a serious inspection of the goods.

This will make the news, /. is already reporting, so I guess it's possible that he will find someone. There are ways to guarantee that both get the goods.

Fredi

Guden Oden said:
Jesus, that's a loada crap if ever I saw it. And some good shit too I might add, but I don't think I need fifteen PS2 consoles in different colors etc so I won't bid on it. Sorry, but good luck anyway to the seller trying to pawn off all this stuff.

Hey you could strap them all together and build your own GS-Cube-like workstation! :LOL: ;)

AlphaWolf said:
Certainly not an amount I would consider spending without a serious inspection of the goods.

Yeah, true. Most of the items are stated as "sold as-is", so one gets a ton of stuff for (at least) 100k, but what if half of it DOESN'T BLOODY WORK??? That'd be like...bad.

For anyone willing to spend that kind of money (+ unknown amount in shipping cost), it would probably be worth the cost to buy an airplane ticket and GO THERE to inspect the stuff...!

Hmm, why is that? The guy had good feedback, there was nothing even remotely fishy or suspicious about the auction... Ok, so he wanted a lot of money for his shit but since when is THAT against the rules?

Guden Oden said:
Hmm, why is that? The guy had good feedback, there was nothing even remotely fishy or suspicious about the auction... Ok, so he wanted a lot of money for his shit but since when is THAT against the rules?

Selling official development kits, documentation and tools is not really... legal. ;)

Evil_Cloud said:
Selling official development kits, documentation and tools is not really... legal. ;)

Why wouldn't it be if he owns the stuff?

It's not top-secret military stuff covered by national security laws.

Guden Oden said:
Evil_Cloud said:

Why wouldn't it be if he owns the stuff?

It's not top-secret military stuff covered by national security laws.

The problem is that you don't own devkits.
You pay a right to use fee, Sony or whoever can ask for them back at any point.

They're not going to, but whoever originally "sold" them was doing so under false pretenses. At one company I worked for we "sold" our PS1 devkits to another developer, and had to get documentation from sony to so it.

Back