I need new glasses, any recomendations?

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
One of the nosepiece-thingies on my glasses is torn and since they're about 6 years old I figure it's about time for an eye-exam and some new glasses, but I'm not sure what kind of style to get.

I've done metal frames the last few times, the narrow-wide/oval types; but I'm thinking of going for some all plastic frames for the light-weight & comfort factors. (The metal ones nose piece-thingies always bend out of shape on me or get torn, plastic stays all comfy)

What's styling these days? :|

If you bend your metal frames so easily, what makes you think you wouldn't do the same with plastic frames? Those won't bend you know, they'll snap in half...

Metal frames can be bent back into shape, and I can't see how they could be that much heavier either.

Nah, just the bit that extends from the frame to holding the bit that rests on your nose. Those are meant to be adjustable and my kids tend to adjust them for me a lot. :?

I don't mind if the plastic ones break, I'll just get a new set then...I just hate having to wear a bustedish set.

Most good opticians do the thinger where they take your picture with several frames to decide which is best. In store advice has gotten a lot better since my first pair when I was 5 :rolleyes:

(Side note: I was looking at pictures of me through childhood yesterday and shrieking, I looked horrible!)

Back