I AM TEH WINNAH!!!! I'M GETTING A LAPTOP!!!!

thegrommit said:
digitalwanderer said:
Well, sort of....I'm getting a wife a laptop

How many do you have? :oops:
Well... That cupon was good for 4000 orders, so... :devilish:

At 40% off the 'sticker price' I wouldn't have hesitated if I was in the market for a (higher end) gaming notebook. Great deal. My puny Asus A2D ($950 + VAT, which I almost had to trick work into getting me instead of some plasticky Toshiba A-series) with it's (by comparison) dog slow 9600 is shaking with envy at the side of my desk. Or maybe that's, just me. :oops:

Go for it.

Oh god, my stomach is physically aching!

My son's best friend's Mom has an account with Dell thru Ford and gets an extry discount and when she punches up the same laptop with the coupon it costs $1,040. :oops:

And my wife just informed me she has rethought it and now is just not the time, we have too many bills we should attend to first and it is out of the question.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm gonna go throw up, I was sooo sure this was gonna happen and it is just such an incredible deal on such an incredible laptop! :cry:

Diggy, relax.

A. The deal is not that incredible. I got $750 off my HP laptop when I got it last year.

B. They come around constantly. Check gotapex.com and slickdeals.net daily.

Sorry to hear that, digi, but you know: Toys tend to loose out to bills on the home stretch almost every time. One of the sad facts of life. There's always another deal to be had on notebooks these days as the market is growing fast and prices are dropping. Plenty of cupons in the sea, so to speak. ;)

ANova said:
Exercise some authority and be damned with the consequences. :devilish:
I would, 'cept there is a reason I ain't in charge of the finances of our family.

I got kids, a mortgage, and a car payment....if I can't be responsible I gotta abdicate authority over the finances, and I'm pretty bloody irresponsible!

Besides, I ain't exactly hurting for computers and a laptop is a pure luxury item and we've been going a little overboard on those lately....and I think she plans to buy pergo bloody floors for the whole house next week instead anyways and I can't disagree that is more important looking at the state of our carpeting. :?

martrox said:
ANova said:
Exercise some authority and be damned with the consequences. :devilish:

I tried that...and she divorced my lazy ass....... ;)
Yeah, I ain't ready for that kind of consequences.

Besides, I made a promise to my lady to make this marriage work forever whatever it takes and usurping her rightful finance authority that I willingly gave to her just don't seem in keeping with that promise. :?

Not to worry, I've lived this long without one I think I can live a little longer. ;)

digitalwanderer said:
Yeah, I ain't ready for that kind of consequences.

Besides, I made a promise to my lady to make this marriage work forever whatever it takes and usurping her rightful finance authority that I willingly gave to her just don't seem in keeping with that promise. :?

Not to worry, I've lived this long without one I think I can live a little longer. ;)

My question is, do you share that finance authority or does she control everything. :?

ANova said:
My question is, do you share that finance authority or does she control everything. :?
Well she controls the income earning, bill paying, and credit cards and I have access to a cash card that limits me to $300 a day which is more than enough for any day to day needs.

I really suck with money and I know it, I kind of insisted it be set-up this way to avoid me being able to screw up and put our family into financial jeopordy. :oops:

For big buying decisions and such it's a mutually agreed upon thing; like cars, home upgrades, etc.

Generally speaking if I need anything I can get it, I just gotta ask. It works out better that way for us. Y'all might think that's a bit weenie on my part, but I gotta look out for my family and I know my weakness in that area so I chose this path.

It's worked pretty damned good for the last 10 years or so, I don't plan to change it until I start earning some income again.

Oh, with the exception of PC breakdowns. If one of our PCs actually breaks I have emergency authorization of funds to get it back up and running, if I plan to upgrade it in the process I usually try and clear it first.

digitalwanderer said:
Well she controls the income earning, bill paying, and credit cards and I have access to a cash card that limits me to $300 a day which is more than enough for any day to day needs.

$300 a day? (I take it that's the daily withdrawl limit...not the budgeted amount for you to spend per day...)

On a related note, my sister in law is really "teh winnah!". She just won a mini Cooper with a $20 raffle.....

...bitch! ;)

Back