How to give access to the desktop on another HD

The549

Regular
I'm running Windows XP on my new hard drive, and I can't get access to Documents and Settings in my other drive without booting to it, which I don't want to do, since it's currently dying by clicking more and more frequently.
Any ideas? Do I have to boot into it to give permission somehow? I figured it's best if I don't boot to my old drive, but I don't know if there's another option. Thanks!

use the same username and password on both computers, if possible. Otherwise, go to the with \\comptuername\c$ and put in an administrator username and password of the target computer.

carpediem said:
...go to the with \\comptuername\c$ and put in an administrator username and password of the target computer.
I didn't really understand that last part....am i supposed to put that in the address bar?

Boot up in safe mode if possible. Then right-click the my docs folder, select properties, then set the ownership/permissions or whatever it's called to everybody. You'll just have to pray the drive doesn't start clicking before it finishes this operation.

Back