How fast have you driven your car/motorbike?

~225 KM/h or 140 MPH.

Not in a sports car. BMW 535. Interesting speed because you don't really feel speed in that car up to 160 KM/h and then, around 200 it hits you like a wall. Things begin shaking and you feel the air resisting your acceleration.

Edit: Oh, almost forgot to apologize for calling a BMW "not a sports car". Sorry! heh ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
About 250-260km/h(~155-160mph), which was as fast as it went. GSX1100F.

In a car, 230km/h on the speedo, but I think it was a bit optimistic. The Volvo S40 2,0T only had 215km/h as the stated top speed, but you never know, could've had a tailwind. :)

I'm much more comfortable going really fast on a bike rather than in a car, I feel much more in control and aware. That and you're smaller and generally can stop a lot faster.

Indicated 135mph (in reality about 125mph) on my current SV650S - a few years back, over 160mph or so on a borrowed GSRX750 for a blast across France. Doesn't feel any different behind the bubble, apart from the increased sense of paranoia that the boys in blue will nab you. Car wise, same as the SV in my old Mazda Xedos.

Straightline speed's pretty boring though; far more fun trying to do the same speed whilst cornering at the same time...

110 mph on the San Mateo bridge with a Honda Civic. It's a long, two lane, straight bridge, with no cops, and during mid-day, relatively empty.

The bridge is winding however, the Civic handles poorly, so it's pretty scary.

About 95 mph on I-74 in a V6 Beretta. I was about halfway between Champaign-Urbana and Bloomington-Normal, and the highway out there is basically so empty, there's not even a sign of life for miles at a stretch. Mostly it just kind of happened -- the road is so straight and flat and stretches out for so long, you don't even notice how fast you're going until you look at the speedo.

200 km/h, once, with the Impreza. But you'll lose your driver licence around here when you're going 30 km or more faster than the limit, so I normally stay below that all the time.

My cars? 146mph/234kmph in my old Impreza in Tokyo... 143mph230/kmph in my Mini on highway 395... Fastest in a car I didn't own? 212mph/341kmph in a Skyline GT-R

180km/h in my '89 Audi 100 Quattro. :D

I drove in Germany where you're allowed to do so when the weather is nice.

I didn't push it to the metal though.

118mph, in a 2001 Dodge Dakota QuadCab 4x4. :) You don't know scary until you've taken a truck over 100mph. Had plenty more power in it, but the speed limiter is 118.

Haven't tested my 9-2x Aero yet, but I have no doubt it can hit the 130mph speed limiter pretty easily. I've had it up to ~95mph, and it felt like I was driving about 60.

archie4oz said:
My cars? 146mph/234kmph in my old Impreza in Tokyo...

Does Tokyo have space to reach that speed?

Doesn't Germany have special speedways for speed freaks? what is more thrilling car or motorbike? What is with this European fetish with Speed, they make fatest cars, bikes and planes (Concorde) etc.

Deepak said:
Does Tokyo have space to reach that speed?

Doesn't Germany have special speedways for speed freaks? what is more thrilling car or motorbike? What is with this European fetish with Speed, they make fatest cars, bikes and planes (Concorde) etc.
Do they have dry lake beds in tokyo:smile:

Back