Horizon Forbidden West [PS4, PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Yep. I have fond memories of HZD, but sometimes I feel that my brain remembers some games looking much better than they actually do, if that makes any sense? HZD still looks great, but the low-resyness of it all is remarkable next to the new one.
I was a late HZD convert. As my many posts on the "stupid robot dinosaur" game over in the game's thread show, I thought it was preposterous premise and not being a fan of the writing or story-telling in Killzone 2 or Shadow Fall, I was willing to skip this. But HZD was a genuine delight for me, the combat was sublime, the world was interesting and diverse and you always felt in control but never overpowered.

I am so looking forward to revisiting yes world. I may have to do a new game plus replay on PS5 because I genuinely liked all the story beats of HZD. New Game Plus = less grinding for equipment, just enjoy the game with all the equipment you already unlocked :yes:

Just look at those detail, the density and that lighting! It's like concept art in real time.
The individual asset detail is through the roof here.
PS5 rocks
EazV49tXQAMezN4
I don't see your PS5 rocks :(

Yep. I have fond memories of HZD, but sometimes I feel that my brain remembers some games looking much better than they actually do, if that makes any sense? HZD still looks great, but the low-resyness of it all is remarkable next to the new one.
I had the same with TLOU. When I initially played it I really enjoyed the graphics. I played it last week and I really noticed the difference. Still, great games both games are(in my Yoda voice).

Yeah saw the new pics earlier and you can now see the size of the birds. I definitely expect Aloy to ride one in the game. :D

That's actually a crashed passenger plane down there lol. Never saw that in the video's. Immensely detailed and busy world, and that's all going to have to move at 4k.

The plane was in the video but the birds weren't.

Ye i just didn't 'see' it, with all the growt and grass on it and the video moving over it, i registrered it as a large tree laying there :p

Would clearly be too much to ask for the PS4 Pro at that resolution etc, hope they will show more. They have really amazing things but show a tiny bit of it.

So.. birdgate graphics controversy coming in 3.. 2.. 1..

The community manager of Insomniac Games talking about reflection said puddle reflection are raytraced. I remember, they harassed the guy and he stop answer on twitter until the release of the game.

Last edited:
Yeah, Sylens in HFW looks like straight out of a FMV than the much more gamey look of HZD. It's absurd they're able to get this much detail on a character in an open world game such as HFW.

I don't get why they've called this Forbidden West, when their DLC was Frozen Wilds. It's not a big deal, but "HFW" is less specific for it and I'm a bit drunk, so now I feel compelled to tell B3D it annoys me.

I took this as an analogue to gold rush and people moving towards west. For some reason aloy is going to be going west and maybe ends up on west cost usa(the ocean?). There probably is some reason why people didn't go west earlier and that is where forbidden comes from.

I took this as an analogue to gold rush and people moving towards west. For some reason aloy is going to be going west and maybe ends up on west cost usa(the ocean?). There probably is some reason why people didn't go west earlier and that is where forbidden comes from.

I think he is bothered that the acronym HFW could apply to both Frozen Wilds and Forbidden West. They could of went with "Horizon II No-No West"

Wonder when we will see a gameplay walkthrough, on the next State of Play, Gamescom or TGS?
And I really hope someone would use Decima to make a next gen Jurassic Park game, the foliage density, water sim, cloud system, GI, asset quality and the creature animation system would finally do the franchise justice:love:.

Back