Horizon Forbidden West [PS4, PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
if you only have a ps5, you can't force the store to sell you the ps4 digital edition. So you have to buy it with a PS4 or get a PS4 disc to get the free upgrade.
On the web store I can see both:
Horizon Forbidden West™ (PS4™) at £59.99
Horizon Forbidden West™ (PS5™) at £69.99

I don't usually pre-order before reviews but I've pre-ordered the PS4 version in case the shifty bastards at Sony decide to change their policy again. Thank you, UK consumers rights. :yep2:

On the web store I can see both:
Horizon Forbidden West™ (PS4™) at £59.99
Horizon Forbidden West™ (PS5™) at £69.99

I don't usually pre-order before reviews but I've pre-ordered the PS4 version in case the shifty bastards at Sony decide to change their policy again. Thank you, UK consumers rights. :yep2:
yea the webstore will give access. Nice!

So will they drop the price of PS5 edition down to $60? Cause as it stands now, you'd have to a fool to buy the PS5 edition for $70 at the start.

Your two options to buy are:
  1. $60 for PS4 edition and FREE Upgrade to PS5 Edition
  2. $70 for PS5 edition ONLY and no PS4 edition

This is what I'm waiting for. I have the PS5 version preordered. I'll move it to the PS4 and save $10 bucks if the PS5 version doesn't move on price.

So will they drop the price of PS5 edition down to $60? Cause as it stands now, you'd have to a fool to buy the PS5 edition for $70 at the start.

Your two options to buy are:
  1. $60 for PS4 edition and FREE Upgrade to PS5 Edition
  2. $70 for PS5 edition ONLY and no PS4 edition
it was already a case with miles morales, I bought cheaper ps4 versin and had free update to ps5

I presume it is nothing more than that the default RRP for PS5 gen games is 10$ higher than for PS4 games.

[mention]BRiT [/mention] I missed that that was already discussed, apologies.

I found part two really interesting. I followed a little bit in HZD but not enough to catch the whole saga. Part two really makes the HZD universe interesting. Awesome!

A healthy improvement over the original on ps4, its not a gen apart by all means, but looks much more alive in some scenes. I will buy it day one on pc and skip the ps version this time around as im going to be MP only for a long while to come (Halo, 2042, apex etc).

Looks solid. Reminds me of FH 5. Rendering quality isn't a big improvement but environment density is. The animation is the highlight for me, looks like it might even surpass RDR 2.

I dont really like the look of the lightning, that atmosphere they went with, everything is blown out and burnt. It reminds me of the Blackfire Mod for Crysis 1, it kinda has the same feel

for me graphics looks great only problem have with lack of vegetation interaction, looks bad and shouldn't happen on ps5 version

From what I could see here, and I am going to talk only about the gameplay / design here, they added a few interesting things but they learned not much from Horizon 1.

The new water environment is nice and the verticality dimension will bring more options to the combat (which will still be the best thing about Horizon). But based on this (and what we have seen before) I'd say the general handling of the character (except bow handling which is OK) hasn't evolved at all. It was okay back then, but now it's jank. Currently I am playing Nioh and before that I had doubts but now I am sure of what I am going to say. In many 3st person games the character controls like shit by design. They have no excuses anymore.

Then the FOV is still too narrow, please just reduce the details and show us more of the world. No excuses again as in many recent games you can improve the FOV with no apparent downsides.

Now the melee hasn't evolved much and is still way too slow and laggy, I don't care to show off a virtual character in slow poses, I want immediate and effective strikes. In higher difficulties we'll have no choice than to stay at distance and use the responsive bow. Also the fact that the game relies so much at slow motion moments is proof that the game handling hasn't evolved at all. Indeed we'll need to slow the action in order to beat the foes because the camera and character are not responsive enough (and FOV too narrow) to be able to fight against ennemies fast as lighting (and who will still perfectly and annoyingly predict where we'll stand in the next few seconds).

Finally I fear that the world (including the water) will still look like a lifeless decorum where exploration will still be useless. A beautiful world with no real reward to explore it, so sad. And while verticality is nice, it's too easy and uninteresting as the path is labelled with no possibility to fail (so again, exploration is discouraged). They could learn so much from games like Kena (:love:), even the last Tomb raider had interesting exploration and verticality.

for me graphics looks great only problem have with lack of vegetation interaction, looks bad and shouldn't happen on ps5 version
Indeed. But I doubt they'll fix it.

The first game was extremely low budget, like 2010 levels of low budget. Seems sony was concerned that the game will not sell due to female protagonist and such stuff, also new ip. Main reasons i suspect for the empty and banal game world. But after the game sold so well, i imagine this one received a premiere budget, so every aspect should be fleshed out. Fingers crossed, because i have the first game as a 5/10 at best.

really? I thought it was great. New ones looks really good. Happy to see it look like this. I'm not too picky here about how it looks, I'm honestly no longer sure how a 'next gen' title should look. I think I once had an idea, before this generation began, but now I no longer. Is it geometric and texture detail? or better lighting and shadows? Seems everything is slowly creeping forward on all fronts. This looks good.

Back