Horizon Forbidden West [PS4, PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
I thought the trailer was representative of gameplay. It was captured on ps5 atleast.
it was real time but we know how different can be real gameplay vs cinematic trailer (and I have even more doubts now that we know it will be also on ps4), but not only graphics are problem, what about physic when we still target jaguar, what about ussing ps5 ssd when also it runs on slow hdd

Demons Soul's is PS5 only.
yes btw how do you feel now after so many posts on resetera with me telling me that horizon 2 is so generation leap that I must be blind(I said it looks good but its just progress not generation leap) and that that game would never run on ps4 ;d

yes btw how do you feel now after so many posts on resetera with me telling me that horizon 2 is so generation leap that I must be blind(I said it looks good but its just progress not generation leap) and that that game would never run on ps4 ;d

Wait to see gameplay and see the PS4 version, I think the game will suffer a lot on PS4. But I understand why they did not show any flying mount, they will probably not be there as a compromise for a PS4 version...

Reactions: snc
It's fairly clear that anything Sony says about SKU/PC support going forward should be taken with a grain of salt.
They straight up lied by publicly denying on several occasion that SpiderMan Miles Morales was coming to PS4 & literally announced HZ Forbiden West as a PS5 game. Note that similarly to Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart it is advertised simply as a "Playstation Exclusive".. So nobody should be surprised if R&C turns out to be crossgen (same for GOW: Ragnarok)

It's fairly clear that anything Sony says about SKU/PC support going forward should be taken with a grain of salt.
They straight up lied by publicly denying on several occasion that SpiderMan Miles Morales was coming to PS4 & literally announced HZ Forbiden West as a PS5 game. Note that similarly to Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart it is advertised simply as a "Playstation Exclusive".. So nobody should be surprised if R&C turns out to be crossgen (same for GOW: Ragnarok)

We will have 1 to 2 minutes loading between each portals on PS4 maybe.:LOL:

For sur I can't even imagine the sequence where the player pass multiples portals and I can understand why games aren't design like R&C with an HDD.

Technically, it can be done, but all different universes assets would have to fit in ram simulteneously, meaning each individual one would have to make do with only a quarter of the data for assets and layouts than in other games.

Technically, it can be done, but all different universes assets would have to fit in ram simulteneously, meaning each individual one would have to make do with only a quarter of the data for assets and layouts than in other games.

1/5, during the sequence the games changes 5 times of world. fifth times less details than Ratchet and Clank PS4 not sure about the sales of the game at all.

It seems, there is some key difference from PS4 and PS5 version. I hope there is flying mount on PS5 version. This could be cool. This is not impossible on PS4 but reduced details will make the game sell less. On some prototype of the game we saw flying mount.

I don't see how they could possibly have a flying mount on the PS5 version, but not on the PS4 version? If they really want it in there, they will find a way to have it and work around the PS4 limitations. Far Cry did it.

The difference will likely be resolution and graphical effects, vegetation (amounts, density and interactivity), textures and models, LOD. Oh and a 60fps mode on PS5 :)

One interesting point that Dictator mentioned in the DF video is how the different specs will affect the gameplay. Can you scale from 3.5Ghz Zen 2 to a 1.8Ghz Jaguar without significant changes?

One interesting point that Dictator mentioned in the DF video is how the different specs will affect the gameplay. Can you scale from 3.5Ghz Zen 2 to a 1.8Ghz Jaguar without significant changes?
Not without significant changes. We'll have to sit and wait for that to be analysed, cause you know damn sure Sony is not going to tell us any time soon :runaway:

I don't see how they could possibly have a flying mount on the PS5 version, but not on the PS4 version? If they really want it in there, they will find a way to have it and work around the PS4 limitations. Far Cry did it.

The difference will likely be resolution and graphical effects, vegetation (amounts, density and interactivity), textures and models, LOD. Oh and a 60fps mode on PS5 :)

They can very slow flying mount in PS4 and fast one in PS5. At least they will have different models on PS5 version.

Last edited:

Same scenario for those titles as well, even if they end up under "PS5 Exclusive". Folks need to understand that it's simply called the reality of game production. You can't expect studios to ditch their current game engine version, which they can obviously squeeze a bit more and make more money out of it, just for low percentage consumers who expect new tech at day one. The main reason there was a "leap" in terms of visual fidelity in 2013 & 2014 is simply because of 2 main reasons: A. the introduction of PBR. B. 2 new engines built from ground, Decima (KZSF) and RAD engine (The order: 1886). This process will be more gradual this time around (By 2022) for most AAA studios, which also gives an opportunity for small indie studios to shine (most use UE/Unity which are not limited by the fact) By then.

That's easy. PS4 30fps, PS5 at 60fps. They better have a 60fps mode ready for Horizon 2 otherwise after Demon's souls (and R&C, Spiderman) there is going to be some serious and deserved backlash.

Back