Horizon Forbidden West [PS4, PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
It's pretty cool and impressive but obviously still needs some work. At 0:13 in that clip the serpent clips through the rocks but shortly after that the rest of its body respects the boundaries of the rock formation and don't clip through them. I wonder if that's an indication of how much time their solver requires to calculate collisions for the serpent's body? There's too little time at the start and so it initially clips through, but after that the data is available and the rest of the serpent's body respects the boundaries of that rock formation and don't clip through it.

Regards,
SB

Quite bad compenetretion in the shot in the tavern with the people cheering around the table at 30' and another case of floating character in the shot with the two characters duelling on a log at around 1'13"

Each new trailer looks closer to the first game and less like the reveal footage. Still a decent looking game but not what I was hoping for.
Maybe it's just because I don't have a technical trained eye, but I really don't see big difference between the reveal trailer and the newest footage, except for the face that in the reveal footage everything was more clearly staged, looking pretty much as a montage of cutscenes

Each new trailer looks closer to the first game and less like the reveal footage. Still a decent looking game but not what I was hoping for.

Got the same feeling about that. Its probably due to the first footage being ingame and all, but added lighting etc to give that cinematic feel (like a trailer usually does). Still stunning enough looking game for being cross-gen.

Maybe it's just because I don't have a technical trained eye, but I really don't see big difference between the reveal trailer and the newest footage, except for the face that in the reveal footage everything was more clearly staged, looking pretty much as a montage of cutscenes
The areas shown in the reveal trailer look over produced compared to the newer areas being shown in these later trailers. Looks very vertical sliceish looking back. Probably a lot of manual touch up work that was never going to happen for the actual game.

This was posted over a week ago and it's for VR2 but I think it deserves it's place here as it's part of the Horizon Universe.

Really enjoyed this weeks Podcast of Horizon Gaia Cast.

Last edited:
Back