Home Theater System Question

Fu3lFr3nzy

Regular
Im planning on getting something very similar to this one but im somewhat confused about something.

Theres home theater systems out there that only include the receiver + speakers, but to those that include a built in dvd player aswell, does it still have a inputs for say, for an X360 optical?

The only reason im getting a home theater system is to enjoy games in 5.1 but the whole "home theaters inlc. built in dvd players in them" confused me :oops:

Hopefully someone out there understands my confusing question and give insight :smile:

Thats what I was thinking. So with that said, im guessing some Home Theater Systems with built in players dont come with inputs for other devices?

I would hope they have more inputs than just for the player they supply. I would imagine the typical home theater has a gaming console as well. Just check the receiver on the package you're going to buy.

Most common Home Theater packages that have DVD players built-in don't have any inputs whatsoever. So many people buy this crap from Circuit City and Best Buy etc and they're useless. If they do have any inputs, it will be very limited, maybe 1 audio input and maybe a cable coaxial input. Best to find a cheap receiver + speaker combo and if you need a DVD player and don't care about quality, buy one for $30.

My stepfather bought a useless surround system thinking he could hook up a 360 and a HDMI comcast box, so I made him take it back and chose a cheap Onkyo receiver + speaker package instead.

Back