Heroes is back!

Peter Petrelli vs Superman

I know were not supposed to have vs discussions here but I don't think this counts :LOL:

So who would win?

My vote goes to Superman at the moment as Peter doesn't have full control over his powers but overall, Peter has the more potential IMO.

Hiro's power is obviously by far the most potent though, without that, even in full control of his powers Peter would propbably have a tough time against Superman.

BTW, for us poor souls outside of the US, I would appreciate if any references to events beyond Series 1 could be hidden with spoilers as we are still in the season break here in the UK (and I assume elsewhere).

This season has thus far been a disappointment.

Mostly boring new characters (crying mexican girl, horny flying schoolboy, crazy maladjusted lightning girl), boring episodes (they picked up at the end) and stupid irish storyline.

Stark, errr I mean Adam, is cool, but mostly because of David Anders.

Last edited by a moderator:
This season has thus far been a disappointment.

Mostly boring new characters (crying mexican girl, horny flying schoolboy, crazy maladjusted lightning girl), boring episodes (they picked up at the end) and stupid irish storyline.

Stark, errr I mean Adam, is cool, but mostly because of David Anders.

I felt like so much of the season was a waste.
The maya and alejandro story arc.
The new orleans story arc.
And peter's stay in ireland.
All amounted to pretty much nothing.

Edited in some spoiler tags, though I don't think I spoiled much other than saying I didn't think most of the episodes had any purpose. Should I put spoiler tags around that too?

Last edited by a moderator:
please use spoiler tags, some dont want to have the plot spoiled.

text, blah, blah, blah [/spoiler_] (remove _)

I felt like so much of the season was a waste.
The maya and alejandro story arc.
The new orleans story arc.
And peter's stay in ireland.
All amounted to pretty much nothing.

Even Tim Kring isn't happy with the first half of the second season.
He's quoted as saying the romance storylines aren't really working and "feel forced".

That last episode was just plain uninsteresting.

Wow, I wonder what they're going to do? Oh that's right, give Nathan some more magic-blood. That takes any real impact away from major deaths now, knowing that there's always going to be someone around who can heal you in the time it takes to blink. Hell, they can just leave Nathan to rot in a garbage bin for a few weeks and inject some magiblood into him then and it should work... Mr.Dead McHornRimmed seemed to be able to get all healed up after being dead for what was likely hours (giving plenty of time for his body to well and truly shut down and start seizing up).

Claire is really annoying, baaaawwww is all that comes to mind.

I'm still liking Sylar for some reason. As an actor he's cheesy and stupid, and as Sylar he's extremely cliche and predictable, but for whatever reason, watching Sylars character run around killing and whatnot is quite enjoyable.

They need to permanently remove Claire and Peter so we can get some serious "Oh my god!" back into deaths. At the moment, someone dying, no matter who it is, doesn't excite or interest me because I know they can be healed so easily.

*edit* You know what? Why don't they just go dig up Micahs dead daddy and give him some of Peter / Claire's blood. Just bring everyone back! Go give Kaito some blood too while we're at it and reverse the damage that Adam did.

Yes but Superman would have more experience since he's Superman, and all. Peter would have to emo himself through the process of learning the new powers.

I don't like the Peter character at all, an emo male nurse with copycat powers.

He kinda looks like the emo parody they did in Spider-man 3 but not in an ironic way.

Yes but Superman would have more experience since he's Superman, and all. Peter would have to emo himself through the process of learning the new powers.

I don't like the Peter character at all, an emo male nurse with copycat powers.

He kinda looks like the emo parody they did in Spider-man 3 but not in an ironic way.

He's obviously supposed to be the caring counterpoint to Sylar's sociopathic maniac. I do wish he'd be a bit more grown up though. The problem is that when characters start acting in stupid ways that no one would find credible, they cease to become sympathetic for the audience.

Healing the dead hurts the series, but also Hiro and timetravel in overall is a concept that is impossible to implement in a meaningful and logical way, why wouldn't Hiro just go back everytime something really nasty happens?

I'm enjoying the show, but the second season was quite weak compared to the first.

Peter woulnd't have a change against Superman though :LOL:

Is Ali Larter still there? That would at least be something to make me watch it.

She is, but IMO her character is dumb (her superpower is multiple personalities? come on), and she isn't a very good actor. Don't click the spoiler if you don't want to be spoiled. Seriously.
The season ends with her apparently being blown up saving a much hotter girl. We don't know if she survives. I hope she doesn't, so her son can have some motivation.

Healing the dead hurts the series, but also Hiro and timetravel in overall is a concept that is impossible to implement in a meaningful and logical way, why wouldn't Hiro just go back everytime something really nasty happens?

That is the big problem with bringing the dead back and time travel. Nothing has a meaning or significance if it has no consequences. Characters can't die, no plot line can't be changed retrospecitively. It's easy to paint yourself into a corner where "magic" gets you out of it, and the audience don't care about anything because it can always be reversed.

For instance, all Hiro has to do is go back to when Sylar is a child (he already knows where his mother lives and presumably raised Sylar), and kill him before he gets any powers. Hey presto, no first series! But it's what anyone with any sense would do, so the audience always questions why Hiro doesn't do it. Is he just dumber than we are, so why should we find him a sympathetic character?

Yes, time travel is generally dumb. It is never really handled properly.

I kinda liked how they did it in Babylon 5 with the whole Valen thing, though. It was something that had existed from day 1 in the series, Babylon 4 had disappeared and Valen had been the Minbari's mysterious arrival 1000 years ago.

She is, but IMO her character is dumb (her superpower is multiple personalities? come on
Actually, its explained in passing in season 2. Well, somewhat explained. THey never say what her 'power' is, but the split personalities thing is how she psychologically dealt with her powers, and wasn't her actual power.

It seems she has super strength, or agility, or whatever would give you 'I'm a bad ass' capabilities, and it would only come out with Jessica.

Her power is super strength. The multiple personalities is nothing to do with it, she's just weird.

The only reason she has no power now is because they "cured" her. She has super strength whoever is in control of her body. She bashed through a door this season as Niki

Back