Help with choosing

Hello everyone, recently thought about buying a game console (the main reason was the untimely death of my PC)
I'm not experienced in this issue, if I can easily talk about the characteristics, advantages and disadvantages of PCs, then in consoles I have a huge gap in knowledge.
I surfed the Internet, read an old good wiki about consoles https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_console
So I have a couple of questions.

1) Met a lot of hollywar on the topic that is better PS or Xbox, I would like to hear your opinion, because PS is more expensive, and I would not want to overpay if their performance will differ slightly

2) What is the difference between PS4 and PS4 slim, did not quite understand that in addition to the size was changed

3) Well, in fact, based on the above questions - what to choose an Xbox or PS

I looked through the comparison of different consoles https://www.bestadvisers.co.uk/video-game-consoles and based on the price I'm inclined towards the Xbox, maybe I do not understand something, so I'm waiting for help from you. In advance thanks to all who will respond.

PS4 is more powerful which results in slightly sharper image quality and slightly better framerates on average. The main reason to choose between them is games library and services. Look at the exclusives available and see if either has games you'd want to play. eg. If Uncharted or Horizon Zero Dawn are things you'd be interested in, you have to choose a PS4, or vice versa for Halo and Quantum Break. Also, which controller do you prefer? You're going to be spending a lot of time with it!

Regards services, XB1 is better at media playback as I understand it, and possibly has a better network backbone although that's highly debatable and I doubt anyone has actual stats for a fair comparison.

Also, what region are you in? Sony provides different games with PS+ (if you subscribe for network gaming) and you'll want to see the sorts of games your region gets as that might swing things a bit (it's said NA gets the better PSN deals).

Finally, have you any console gaming friends? The ability to share discs means added game library value.

PS4 slim is just a thinner, cooler version of PS4. Original PS4 is not made any more so will be cheaper.
Also, where are you buying from? PS4 and XB1 are about the same price, except in the US you can get more deals I think.

Thank you very much for such a detail answer.
- As for the controller, I did not even think about it, because I had no experience playing on consoles, and before that, I only played on the keyboard on the PC. I will try to choose something that is more comfortable for me. Although now all the controllers are felt like ordinary pieces of high-tech plastic and I'm very uncomfortable to manage with them))
- I like RPG games. I especially like the darksouls and the witcher, unfortunately the last witcher in my PC have not started. I also adore games of the stealth category such as Dishonored and The Thief.
-I'm in Britain right now, England." I went to study here.
- Friends do not have consoles, and to be honest, I have not made so many friends here)

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, have you any console gaming friends? The ability to share discs means added game library value

Addition,

You can share 1 digital purchase to 2 ps4. Dunno with xbox.

PS4 is totally region free in physical space while it's digital contents are region locked. So you can circumvent it by making multiple account

Xbox one is region free both physically and digitally.

---

Xbox one s also can play 4k BluRay.

There's also various nifty multimedia features that not available or worse performing (especially in the UI and codex support) on PS4.

Xbox will have system wide headphones surround sound. Playstation limited to Psvr games or Playstation branded headphones

-I'm in Britain right now, England." I went to study here.
Well, I think the prices are pretty comparable. Both are £200 with no extras at ShopTo, although they have a £30 cheaper bundle with a few games. Definitely think about the other aspects than price because £30 isn't worth picking a machine you'd be less happy with. What resolution and quality did you game on PC? I think PS4 is the better choice for RPGs as it has better Japanese support, but I could be off there.

You can play your digital bought games on any Xbox. You just need to log in with your Live acct and you can either download it again (free) or bring it with you via external HDD.

My games are almost all stored on an external HDD and when visiting family/friends, it is very convenient to just log in and play without having to bring along the console too.

So If I would go with my future console back to Ukraine I can have some troubles with my games?
No. The games will work anywhere. It's only the stores that are region locked, which means if you want something on one store that not on your usual, you need an account for that region. For example, you can be in the UK and buy SWBF. You can then create a US account, still in the UK, and buy Blade Ballet. If you move to Ukraine, you can still play both games.

The playstation is a great choice. One thing to keep in mind if you do ever want to go back to pc gaming a lot of first party xbox games and even some third party ones will have play anywhere options where you get the windows store edition of the game included. So you could continue building your pc library up while you game on your console

Back