Help Pc start when he wants :(

czekon

Regular
Hi folks i just bought new PC i put it everything together by myself :) and here it goes it starts when he want. I push power on and fans are working hdd is working dvd etc. but monitor is dead. When Pc is on everything is working fine i can reboot and all but if i turn him off and want start again problem comes.

I have AMD64 3500, 1024 DDR, Gf7600gt, abit kn9 motherboard , 480 w PSU

any advice??

thnx

Are you saying it can load Windows some of the time ("working fine"), and some of the time it doesn't boot at all?

What's weird is I think my video card just died, and it shows the same symptom: fans and drives start, but nothing seems to load and the monitor remains powered down. I changed the PSU, same thing. Changed the video card, problem solved. But once the card failed, I wasn't able to load Windows, period, whereas you seem to make it in some of the time.

micron may be right. Do you have another PSU to test with?

Are you saying it can load Windows some of the time ("working fine"), and some of the time it doesn't boot at all?

What's weird is I think my video card just died, and it shows the same symptom: fans and drives start, but nothing seems to load and the monitor remains powered down. I changed the PSU, same thing. Changed the video card, problem solved. But once the card failed, I wasn't able to load Windows, period, whereas you seem to make it in some of the time.

exactly thats the problem, i try to fix one PSU and see

new PSU didn't help but reseting the BIOS with jumper on MB every time i want to boot windows works. My friend told me that change of battery on MB will solve the problem gonna try tomorrow.

My video card apparently also presents the same symptoms, Sometimes when I boot my computer the monitor won't start, It just blinks its little led.. but in 1 out of 100 it will boot, every other video card I install works fine.

new PSU didn't help but reseting the BIOS with jumper on MB every time i want to boot windows works. My friend told me that change of battery on MB will solve the problem gonna try tomorrow.
This sounds like a memory problem with timing or the memory you have is not compatable with your motherboard. Try uping the memory timings in BIOS and see if this fixes your boot problem. If you have memory voltage setting then try raising that too and see if that helps.

This sounds like a memory problem with timing or the memory you have is not compatable with your motherboard. Try uping the memory timings in BIOS and see if this fixes your boot problem. If you have memory voltage setting then try raising that too and see if that helps.

i Have ABit kn9 nforce 4 ultra ddr2 MB and a-data 1024 ddr2 pc2-6400 800mhz can you give me a clue ??

In BIOS is all on default

{S}W, if it is a problem with RAM timings, would it show up as a failure in Memtest or Goldmem?

Brick_top, interesting. I didn't try it 100 times to see if it'd boot once, so my problem could be exactly the same. :smile: I'm getting up the patience to start a thread asking how video cards die, though, as I'm interested in how it could have happened.

czekon, interesting thought about the BIOS battery. I think I verified that my BIOS battery was at 3V, but now you're making me want to double check. It could be responsible for the MB every so often not starting at all, just emitting almost a siren wail (alternating series of long and short beeps). When that happens, I power down and restart, and the thing works like nothing's happened. The beeping only started happening after an RMA due to a botched BIOS flash.

i Have ABit kn9 nforce 4 ultra ddr2 MB and a-data 1024 ddr2 pc2-6400 800mhz can you give me a clue ??

In BIOS is all on default

What are the timeings on the ram you have? It should be on the ram or the packaging it cam in. I do some reaserch on your motherboard and see what comes up.

I have run into ram timing and ram not compatable with some motherboard that do the same thing your going througth.

{S}W, if it is a problem with RAM timings, would it show up as a failure in Memtest or Goldmem?

Brick_top, interesting. I didn't try it 100 times to see if it'd boot once, so my problem could be exactly the same. :smile: I'm getting up the patience to start a thread asking how video cards die, though, as I'm interested in how it could have happened.

czekon, interesting thought about the BIOS battery. I think I verified that my BIOS battery was at 3V, but now you're making me want to double check. It could be responsible for the MB every so often not starting at all, just emitting almost a siren wail (alternating series of long and short beeps). When that happens, I power down and restart, and the thing works like nothing's happened. The beeping only started happening after an RMA due to a botched BIOS flash.
It can but I have come across compatable problems with ram that would pass memtest but have boot problems. I hope czekon problem if its ram is just timeing problems that can be fix in BIOS.

I finding out that this mobo has compatibility problems with alot of ram. The BIOS 1.1, 1.2 have problems with the 667divider and about half of the Corsar DDR2 will hav boot problems and all the Gskills DDR2 will have this problem. I heard of a beta BIOS that fixes some of the problems and I still looking for a place I can download it. Your Adata DDR2 has a high chance of using Micron ICs so a fix might be to up the mem voltage to 2.1V - 2.2V and not to use the DDR667 divider on the memory. The motherboard might be setting the mem divider to DDR667 and not DDR800 so set the mem divider to DDR800 and not auto/defaut.

thnx for help ram runs at 800mhz. I have decided to send MoBo, CPU, GPU and ram to shop where i bought this all. Its getting worse and worse now it start to crash all the time i don't think it's something i can manage by myself at this point. Thanks for attention and all help guys hope it's gonna be alright

thnx for help ram runs at 800mhz. I have decided to send MoBo, CPU, GPU and ram to shop where i bought this all. Its getting worse and worse now it start to crash all the time i don't think it's something i can manage by myself at this point. Thanks for attention and all help guys hope it's gonna be alright

Please inform us when the problem is ID. I would like to know what it is.

Back