Hello, i'm new here

Well, me and Thufir Hawat had decided on bot as a the first line approximation. I decided to go for the Touring Test for funsies. :)

Reconnaissance, possibly. Log board software versions, what it had to do to post, and perhaps monitor other properties of interest as well.

My bad, you are correct and I was wrong. I just figured B3D would have basic bot safeguards by now like one of them weird picture/number thingies.

We do. Some bots are smarter than other bots. Tho I think some spammers, particularly non-english speaking ones, just have copy and paste script tactics that are pretty much indistinguishable from bots.

My bad, you are correct and I was wrong. I just figured B3D would have basic bot safeguards by now like one of them weird picture/number thingies.
A better image CAPTCHA?

I suggest we have N pictures and we ask which ones are antialiased | texture mapped | bump mapped etc :)

OR
"Which of these are pictures of Jim Blinn?"

None of those are Jim Blinn.
Perhaps if you hit (no pun intended) 'switch to men' and try long enough? Then again, using that with LB busy at work the site would soon be pretty much deserted by bots and men alike... :smile:

So again, what is the point of this bot? Anybody know?

Is it some sort of AI experiment?

BTW, I've read most captcha's, or a good captcha, is fairly undefeatable by bots.

Back