Guys, do you apply face care products everyday?

I'm not homophobic, infact there have been more than one occasion that someone has asked me whether I'm gay, and I have never gotten angry or anything like that in those situations, quite the contrary actually, those have been pretty humorous situations and I have gotten good lauch from those events...

I am assuming this happened in your late teens, at time when most of us tend to be more self-conscious than we need to be. But you didn't seem to be addled; nor does the following writer. You both seem secure in your sexuality, which is unusual being in the shadow of puberty and all.

Speaking from personal experience, mixed signals weren't comedic at all, but rather a source of insecurity. I wasn't questioned about my sexual preference -- I guess that was pretty much assumed when I was asked out by someone who was gay. (I'm like, "Dude! I'm just trying to strike up a conversation -- not a date -- while we wait in line at Kinkos.") For the next month or so I questioned my masculinity ("Am I in the closet?") and scrutinized my motives. Doc, you'd be surprised where introspection leads you.

Yet, despite the emotional wound, I probably would have feigned effeminateness if it meant hooking up with a hot chick. ;)

[size=-2]"The shower discussion is making me laugh out loud. I am a straight guy who worked in gay-owned cafes while in college. I was the token straight boy. I was checked out and flirted with relentlessly by the staff. I made great tips letting the customers check me out as I took their order. They were all harmless -- the older trolls, the young sex kitten, the brilliantly dark smart one, the muscle boy, the biker boys (as in River and Keanu, not Harley's), the theater boys, the preppy Republican gay guy ... they all checked me out and I loved it and profited by it. I never turned out gay, not even close. You are right, the attention is flattering as hell. It is not different than straight guys checking out girls. Not one bit. Guys are horny, it doesn't matter what they put their penis into. But that doesn't mean they go around porking everything that moves.

The only reason I would feel threatened showering with gay guys would be that they might look better than me when they are naked. Of course, when showering with the gay guys you can ask them what moisturizer they use to get that smooth skin without catching shit for it." – The Atlantic[/size]​

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. I hate the smell and oilyness of most skin care product especially around my nose.

I know I need to use some though. My skin is very dry. My wife sometimes apply it for me when I am distracted.

Oil of Olay after I shave.

It's the only non-greasy moisturizer I've ever found, and it pisses my wife off to no end that I keep stealing it from her. :LOL:

Rev, metrosexuals are typically guys who try to look prettier than girls.
Huh? Prettier?

They're vain,

That I am.

go shopping a lot,
This I'm not, coz I can't afford it.

know how to color co-ordinate,
What's "color co-ordinate"? White shirt, white tie, white pants? Or grey shirt, white tie, black pants?

cut their hair every week,
Because "metrosexuals" don't like long hair?

pluck their eyebrows
OMG, this I have never done.

I only cut the odd hair that sticks out, that's all.

and all that other shit.
You mean things that result in a man wanting to look better or things a man do that are normally associated with women?

When was the first case of a man accused of being a "homosexual" or "effeminate"?

I am considering this as my sig.

May I ask why? :)

Referring to post number 67 of this thread by you,

Reverend said:
Huh? Prettier?

In this context, prettier = sexier, more attractive.

Reverend said:
What's "color co-ordinate"? White shirt, white tie, white pants? Or grey shirt, white tie, black pants?

Wearing clothes of contrasting colours, such that it looks good. For example, white shirt, violet/purple pants. This may not necessarily apply to just clothes, it can apply to cars, paints, your appliances and what not. "My car matches with the color of the paint in my garage". :D

Reverend said:
Because "metrosexuals" don't like long hair?

Hmm...I have indeed seen the situation you describe in my life. Nowadays, society doesn't like hair in general. If people are removing their body hair, why not go the extra mile and shave off whats left on the head as well? Even bald people can look good. :p :D

Reverend said:
You mean things that result in a man wanting to look better or things a man do that are normally associated with women?

I think thats the meaning, but, honestly, I think a man can do much better things in his spare time daily instead of indulging in a facial and body wash and a nice hair shaving exercise and beautifying himself. :)

this thread gave me an idea, maybe I'll try aftershave (some cheap one off course). one with alcohol? is the alcohol intended to make you feel virile and disinfect the cuts? :)

Hmm...Video Games, pr0n (if you choose to see it), internet, forums like B3D :p, a good jolly ride with your best friend, TV, sports, philantrophy :p

So many things we can do....:)

Back