GRAW split screen mode questions

dizzyd

Newcomer
Has anyone played the split screen mode of GRAW already because I have some questions.

1. I assumed that you could play the single player missions in the co-op campaign like in the last Ghost Recon for the XBOX but it appears that you can only play a handful of missions that are not part of the single player campaign. I am wondering if I just need to complete the single player missions to unlock them for co-op. Can anyone confirm this? Its just a little disappointing seeing how few missions there are for the co-op campaign.

2. When playing split screen, the screen is split vertically instead of horizontally like in PD0 and the old Ghost Recon. I really do not like it split this way but I can't seem to see any options to change it. If anyone knows how to change it let me know.

3. In split screen mode it seems like the cover feature is disabled which bothers me a LOT. When going through the single player training it was easy to go into cover mode by just moving up against the wall. In split screen not only can you not go into cover mode but you also don't have the ability to lean left or right to peek out of corners like in the old Ghost Recon. Again I'm hoping that there is certain way of doing this that is different than the way its done in the single player mode. They make a big deal of using cover in the manual so I have a hard time believing that they would disable it in split screen play.

Any input would be appreciated.

dizzyd said:
1. I assumed that you could play the single player missions in the co-op campaign like in the last Ghost Recon for the XBOX but it appears that you can only play a handful of missions that are not part of the single player campaign.
Co-op is only on those four maps, although there are plenty different modes to choose from.

3. In split screen mode it seems like the cover feature is disabled which bothers me a LOT. When going through the single player training it was easy to go into cover mode by just moving up against the wall. In split screen not only can you not go into cover mode but you also don't have the ability to lean left or right to peek out of corners like in the old Ghost Recon. Again I'm hoping that there is certain way of doing this that is different than the way its done in the single player mode. They make a big deal of using cover in the manual so I have a hard time believing that they would disable it in split screen play.

Single and multi-player are done by different teams (like the recent Splinter Cell games for example). The multi-player game simply does not contain these elements.

[maven] said:
Co-op is only on those four maps, although there are plenty different modes to choose from.

Single and multi-player are done by different teams (like the recent Splinter Cell games for example). The multi-player game simply does not contain these elements.

That is disappointing. The main reason that I played Ghost Recon was so that me and my wife can do the campaign together. Having only those four maps really sucks. I guess we'll just have to try the online modes and see how that works.

I didn't know that the multiplayer portion was done by different teams. At the very least though they should have stated in the manual that the ability to go into cover mode was not available in multiplayer modes.

Thanks for the info.

i seem to remember reading that they planned to release episodic content over live for the co-op campaign... so at some point or another you should get more stuff!

i just packed my xbox off with dhl to go to the repair centre..... and GR arrived soon after. so annoying!

Back