Graphics Maker Graveyard

Erm, where are we (Imagination Technologies/Powervr/Videologic) in there?
Given that we have been around for quite a while, have actually produced hardware in both the PC, Console and Handheld space, it seems a bit of an oversight.

CC

Erm, where are we (Imagination Technologies/Powervr/Videologic) in there?
Given that we have been around for quite a while, have actually produced hardware in both the PC, Console and Handheld space, it seems a bit of an oversight.

CC
But is IMG classed as an actual manufacturer?

CC: but ImgTech is not a dead company, this is supposed to be a graveyard.

It lists AMD,ATI,Intel and NVIDIA, some of them surely have to be classed as still around.

I am not sure what they class as a Manufacturer, but did all those other companies actually produce (or claim to produce) silicon, or are some of them more design oriented?

CC

It lists AMD,ATI,Intel and NVIDIA, some of them surely have to be classed as still around.

I am not sure what they class as a Manufacturer, but did all those other companies actually produce (or claim to produce) silicon, or are some of them more design oriented?

CC

My bad. What they did was to show how many different graphics solution makers existed a few years ago amd the by giving the listing one can then see how few are still in existence.

Actually from my memory I see that they left out Neomagic (once ruled the notebook 2d market), and Western Digital (they made the Paradise line of Vcards).

Back