Grandia 3 movie

Looks fantastic. One thing I hate about eastern rpg's though, is how incredibly linear they are (in general). I love the 360 views of the surrounding world, but honestly, it means nothing to me unless I can go there.

I've never played grandia games before...do they have big streamed worlds? Or is it your typical structured connect the dots type game.

If it's like Grandia 1 story/characters-wise, and if it's like Grandia 2 battle-wise, well folks, we'll have a winner here. No doubts.

This is excellent news. Grandia 1 is one of my favorite RPG's of all time. Of course I am talking about the Saturn version that came out in Japan. The character involvement was on such a high level compared to other RPG's out at the time. It truly is one of the greatest RPG's in my book. Great storyline, great battle system, great graphics.

Grandia 2 was a solid game with an excellent battle system. The storyline wasn't as solid as Grandia 1 and the character interaction wasn't the same. It is about a 7/10 in my book compared toa 10/10 such as Grandia 1.

If this new Grandia game has more elements of the first game then we will have a winner on our hands. It should be a game that really brings back memories and feelings of playing Game Arts great RPG's so many years ago!

I agree with Vysez in his statement!

Gosh, the scenery does look very nice, like Shining Force Neo. What is it with all these Jap PS2 games being posted at the mo'? Has a new book been released over there or something? 'Making the most of your PS2 programming' or '101 visuals effects routines made easy' or something? Are there any Western developers managing the same detailed, beautiful worlds?

wow - anyone know how this compares to the Final Fantasy series? (I have only played FF-style RPGs and love them from the heart)

Also, if I were to pick this up - is it good to have played the first 2 parts or is it like with the Final Fantasy games where each Final Fantasy is a totally different game with different characters and story?

I don't know but something is going on. PS2 exclusives are looking better than ever. And coming out very fast. Can't wait for E3. :D
________
Yamaha Virago

Last edited by a moderator:
it's amazing what developers can do on a console in the last few years of its life. The game is just gorgeous. I was also a big fan of Grandia2 on DC. I'll be getting this game of course. The battle system looks pretty cool.

Phil said:
Also, if I were to pick this up - is it good to have played the first 2 parts or is it like with the Final Fantasy games where each Final Fantasy is a totally different game with different characters and story?
The story and characters are completely different in each games.

Hmm, the game looks good, but the intro cinematic reminds me of a few scenes from final fantasy 7, but I say that about every non-final fantasy franchise published by square.(my first impressions of xenogears were 'final fantasy 7 reject/alternative'....my final impressions were 'unfinished final fantasy 7 reject/alternative')

BTW, I thought the best part of grandia 2 was the music(at the very least, it was different from the normal rpg music) and the voice acting.

Awesome, can't wait! Looks like the battle system is very close to Grandia Xtreme, with the circular battle queue. Given this series has, in my opinion, the best battle system of any RPG series out there, I'm very excited.

This game is now a must have on my list. Call me a dork or what you will but I will get this the day it comes out.

Grandia 1 came out around the same time as FF7, but it is a far better game. Grandia 2 was all right, but the battle system was pure bliss.

Back