Google kills yet another product ...

I use gcam mod on redmi note 5. A nightmare to find which one works best but once you get it, it's awesome.

Night sight is unbelievable

It's a phone, i think your standards are too high
the pictures are 5362 x 4224 do you even have a display that can display that resolution?

Hey SB let us know though when you get it .

Dav the reviews say that phone has a mediocre camera.

I don't even know where to start with trying to figure out which gcam mod might work. Looks like it'll be a time intensive process to find one that might work, so it might be a while before I get around to trying mod after mod after mod in order to see if one works well.

Got the phone, it seems OK. But this is my first Android phone so I don't have much to compare it to. When I get some time I'll see how the photo quality seems when using the default camera app that comes with Android 9.0.

Regards,
SB

It's a phone, i think your standards are too high
the pictures are 5362 x 4224 do you even have a display that can display that resolution?
The mp mean nothing. The picture quality depends on other things. An old 8mp camera would destroy a 41mp phone in many cases. I was excited when I saw the fair phone had the same module as the pixel 3a b/c it takes darn good pictures. Apparently it (fairphone) is missing OIS though I would have thought that was part of module and not lens. I guess I was wrong. You can use gcam mod to get access to night mode, but the quality will not be the same. My wife had a phone with 21MP camera and it was garbage the pictures were blurry messes. The 3a is 12MP and it is great. The smaller each cell on ccd the less photons it gets and the more susceptible to errors it is. More MP is certainly not the answer unless you are getting light with a bigger aperture and larger sensor. Then of course you have the software side on top of all the mechanical, optical and electrical bits.

@SB I did not mean to ask you to upload gcam, I meant in the stock form. I figure some company will just rip Google off in terms of ip anyway.

Heck, I picked this up during the Black Friday week thing at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V36TXWT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Supposedly it has a 48 mp camera, but I'm not going to hold my breath that it's actually really good. I wonder if this would work with any of those gcam ports?

Regards,
SB

Is that a clone of this phone? https://www.amazon.com/Xiaomi-Redmi...1?keywords=Redmi+note+8&qid=1575599313&sr=8-1

So this may work https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/PMGC_7.0.009_FinalBuild_V14.apk

Looks a lot different. Only 2 cameras on the back on the Umidigi and there's 4 on the Redmi. Also no fingerprint sensor on the back of the Redmi.

Also, the Umidigi uses a Helio P60 while the Redmi uses a SDM665 Snapdragon.

When I get the time to tinker around with it, I'm not sure if I should try to find one with the same SOC or if I should look for one with the same camera arrangement?

Regards,
SB

Looks a lot different. Only 2 cameras on the back on the Umidigi and there's 4 on the Redmi. Also no fingerprint sensor on the back of the Redmi.

Also, the Umidigi uses a Helio P60 while the Redmi uses a SDM665 Snapdragon.

When I get the time to tinker around with it, I'm not sure if I should try to find one with the same SOC or if I should look for one with the same camera arrangement?

Regards,
SB

usually only need the same main cam module + androud ver (some feature will be broken but usually still usable by tinkering the settings)

Back