God of War [PS4, PC]

Stig was [suposedly] building a large destiny-like SciFi game at SSM, and is now a director of a 2nd team in Respawn Entertaiment where he is working on a unannounced action Star Wars game.
Code:
https://youtu.be/AmM7BYcUOJQ?t=62

The game was apparently codenamed "Darkside" and has some pretty interesting concept art floating around on the web somewhere (Edit: here).

0OmW8Gg.jpg

(More at the link)

Apparently, the game was gorgeous, however, wasn't coming together at all and so Sony eventually pulled the plug.

The game was apparently codenamed "Darkside" and has some pretty interesting concept art floating around on the web somewhere (Edit: here).

0OmW8Gg.jpg

(More at the link)

Apparently, the game was gorgeous, however, wasn't coming together at all and so Sony eventually pulled the plug.
Thats fucking amazing concept. I d love to see it as a game

I don't see how thats so amazing. An alien parasyte in a space station? hasn't it been done enough times?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'd bet on Christopher Lloyd winning against those.

Anyways, back to son of the god of war...

I don't see how thats so amazing. An alien parasyte in a space station? hasn't it been done enough times?

Almost no game is amazing if you just see the generic idea. It is the art, concept and execution that make a game amazing.
Zelda? An elf trying to save a princess.
Gran Turismo? Just some cars on a track
Uncharted? Another guy in ruins trying to find treasure.
TLOU? Zombie apocalypse. We have like a million of those
GoW4? A slash em up game where you kill mythical monsters/humans
Mario? Oh look another game about saving a princess.

Well you get the picture

Yes. Great execution can make a game shine despite it's mediocre premise (although ideally you'd gave great execution AND premise, which realistically is borderline impossible in the contamporary AAA scene)
But all we saw was one piece of concept art. So that informs us on nothing on the quality of it's executiim. All we have is the tired premise aside from reasonably well done character design, like, for one alien creature and a girl. That's, like, 2% of a game?

ps. i am sounding very rude here. Sorry to be like that, but the lack of risk taking and creativity of most high quality productions bothers me.

We need to remove the Omega [Ω] from the thread title. New God of War uses a different symbol - Nordic snake [Jormungland] eating his own tail.

pps: O saw the other images as well, and found them as forgetable as the last dozen sci-fi games out there.

now, yeah, god of war.

Yes. Great execution can make a game shine despite it's mediocre premise (although ideally you'd gave great execution AND premise, which realistically is borderline impossible in the contamporary AAA scene)
But all we saw was one piece of concept art. So that informs us on nothing on the quality of it's executiim. All we have is the tired premise aside from reasonably well done character design, like, for one alien creature and a girl. That's, like, 2% of a game?

ps. i am sounding very rude here. Sorry to be like that, but the lack of risk taking and creativity of most high quality productions bothers me.

Actually that art tells me a lot more. The premise suggests exploration and discovery of species and habitats, as well as adjusting to and taming aspects of new worlds for survival.
It somewhat like Prometheus which was NOT only about a parasite infecting organisms.
Considering the quality the studio brought out before, this could have been the Sci-Fi we were looking for

edit:http://imgur.com/a/rMkmZ

That's a lot more than a typical sci fi in my eyes.

Last edited:
pps: O saw the other images as well, and found them as forgetable as the last dozen sci-fi games out there.

now, yeah, god of war.

Some of those are very interesting, tbh. Can totally see the Destiny-ish vibe in human characters, love the aliens though and the monster art has that GOW epicness to it. I am sure must have been a very cool title, going by the pedigree of the people involved.

Some of those are very interesting, tbh. Can totally see the Destiny-ish vibe in human characters, love the aliens though and the monster art has that GOW epicness to it. I am sure must have been a very cool title, going by the pedigree of the people involved.

I heard that the title, despite being a looker, just wasn't fun to play. It's a shame really as I really like the concept art too. The leviathan-looking sea-monster in particular looks amazing, and given SSM are the guys who gave us the Cronos level in GOWIII, I can only imagine the kind of nerd-gasmic set pieces Stig's team would have been cooking up for that game.

I also heard that there's a bunch of gameplay footage lurking about within Sony. Hopefully, something gets leaked later on so we can have a peep at what could have been.

Alas, back to [Dad] of War discussion...

I am desperately wanting to see their current gen "Titan level" visual sorcery, imagine a scenario where Kratos and Thor (in Titan sized form) teaming up against Jormungland which itself is on a whole new size tier. We get to see realistic rendering of 3d deform-able waves, giant moving serpentine level that dwarfs several Titans and Kratos summoning new magic powers that's specifically made for HDR. All comes to the climax of a new physics based decapitation/gore system that makes the Cronos intestine spill sequence look tame. Man I miss these levels.

I am desperately wanting to see their current gen "Titan level" visual sorcery, imagine a scenario where Kratos and Thor (in Titan sized form) teaming up against Jormungland which itself is on a whole new size tier.

Yup. I can't wait to see set pieces from the new game...

...and now I am forced to again listen to Amon Amarth. :D

Back