Getting new nf2 motherboard this p.m....Questions?

WaltC

Veteran
(Chaintech 7NJS-- MCP-T & SPP chipsets) If you have any questions about this technology list them here and I'll get to them as I have time...(now, if that darned FED-Ex truck would just GET HERE!)

Yes some questions!

What processor are you using with it?
Any problems with AGP8X?
Does it unlock the multipliers like some KT400 boards automatically with the new AXP's?

Er... any other thoughts and comments?

No specific questions, but do let us know how you like the motherboard and what you think of the nVidia SoundStorm sound. I prefer the SoundStorm on my Epox 8RDA+ over my SB Audigy. I hope you have a stable and enjoyable system.

Hi everybody,

I got the Asus A7N8X Gold with an XP2400+ and I must say I'm really impressed with the board, from an stability, feature, quality of components and performance POV.
I use a (lowly) GF3, so no AGP 8X testing for me.
I didn't tried multiplier unlocking, but will do.

In Europe the board is with 190€ a bit on the expensive side, but the HUGE amount of features is IMO worth it. I've only played a few games so far, but Dolby Digital encoded EAX sure sounds good. I currently use my old but decent Home Cinema equipment for DD decoding and the MoBo is hooked up via SPDIF.
I guess as I'm coming from an Maxi Sound Fortissimo I'm easily impressed as far as PC-3d sound is concerned, but I'm used to XBOX and DVD DD5.1 and Soundstorm is right there as it should be.

All in all it feels like a very reliable and powerful platform.

Back