Getting my new..

It's cute for a Ford! ;) (Sorry, I'm not a Ford guy.)

I'd be interested in hearing what you think of it, I've been looking at little/economical/fun cars lately and it'd be useful info for me. :)

Congrats!

I myself am getting a new car this month. That essentially makes us related!

Very nice. My wife is shopping for a car in Perth right now, and I pointed out a couple Fiesta's to her (unfortunately not XR4s), but they were just a bit out of her price range. Only ones even close were manuals anyway, and she doesn't know how to drive stick. It would be a perfect car for her, since she loved the ZX3 she had here in the US (which they don't seem to have in AU, only the ZX5).

Sidenote, but damn do car prices suck in AU. Even figuring in the exchange rate, it's not uncommon to find cars for at least double the price they would be in the US.

It's cute for a Ford! ;) (Sorry, I'm not a Ford guy.)

I'd be interested in hearing what you think of it, I've been looking at little/economical/fun cars lately and it'd be useful info for me. :)

Well .. I only got it a few hours ago so a further debrief will have to wait. Things i'll comment on so far before I even had the car.

1) No Electronic Stability Program (ESP) - Not Standard or optional. - Disappointing
2) Apparently the Radio/6 CD shuttle does not play mp3's - Disappointing
3) Apparently you cannot install a towbar as this will void the warrenty straight away.
4) Not in the specs .. but no traction control .. the car has so much power .. even at 2000 rpm the wheels spin.

Other than that .. the car has been a pleasure for the last 6 hours. :D

Isn't that basically a volvo C30?

Erm.. NO!!

Congrats!

I myself am getting a new car this month. That essentially makes us related!

:D Welcome cousin

JBark said:
Sidenote, but damn do car prices suck in AU. Even figuring in the exchange rate, it's not uncommon to find cars for at least double the price they would be in the US.

lol .. and here in South Africa the cars go for an extra R30000 or AUS $5000 or US$4200+ over the price that the Aussies have it for.

Really .. the cars here sell for R178700 - 181 000(AUS $30100) before addons(check it out). Pathetic. Only reason I bought it was because someone knew someone else, who fixed me up with a R12000(AUS $2000) discount.

US :)

Back