General PC stability issues with newer Forceware drivers

ShaidarHaran

hardware monkey
Veteran
Has anyone else experienced this? Myself and a friend (who has 3 PCs, all with similar stability issues) using any forceware version 169 or newer.

all PCs using XP
all running 2x1 or 2x2GB DDR2 800 or better
all running an NV 8 series GPU
one system w/88gt
one system w/88gtx
two systems w/88ultra
one system w/e8400
one system w/q6600
one system w/x2-4600@5600
one system w/a64-4000
one system running p35
one system running 7050
one system running nf4 SLI
one system running 680 SLI

Has anyone else experienced this? Myself and a friend (who has 3 PCs, all with similar stability issues) using any forceware version 169 or newer.

all PCs using XP
all running 2x1 or 2x2GB DDR2 800 or better
all running an NV 8 series GPU
one system w/88gt
one system w/88gtx
two systems w/88ultra
one system w/e8400
one system w/q6600
one system w/x2-4600@5600
one system w/a64-4000
one system running p35
one system running 7050
one system running nf4 SLI
one system running 680 SLI

Is the threaded optimisations enabled or set to auto in the CP? Setting it to disabled might resolve crashes/graphic card driver crashes.

So it seems you are talking graphics issues right? Since some of the mobos are not Nvidia based. You might have more luck if you described the PCs in blocks for each PC instead of a huge list.

is this in games, video playback or just using non 3d apps

haven't noticed any media playback issues, to be honest

have seen lockups in games, and an occasional app crash (like FF), I've already replaced the RAM, run memtest numerous times without error, my hd tests fine, my OS install is recent, my cooling is fantastic, basically everything is top-of-the-line in its class and should be operating quite well together, but it doesn't. the system runs slowly... it feels off. gaming is fantastic when it works (I mean ridiculously good) but reboots aren't out of the question, nor are CTDs, though I've never seen it BSOD, oddly enough. It restarts when running SMP folding @ home all-out for extended periods. I get file copy errors during game installations. like almost all of them. my optical drives are fine, as is my cable. those are all the symptoms.

I think the mobo might have some gremlins... I may just have to flash the bios and install some new drivers and see what happens.

my sys:
e8400
8800 gt sc
2x2gb gskill pc8000
xp pro 32
abit ip35e
corsair 550w
I've got pics

rthdribl-duorb.jpg

S7300014.jpg

S7300013.jpg

S7300012.jpg

S7300011.jpg

spi4ghz.jpg

that stupid antec spotcool has been removed as it failed miserably (after only a couple weeks)

here's a couple more pics:
spistock.jpg

c97745.jpg

fearwithoutg5.jpg

1600x1200, 4x AA, 16x AF, all @ highest no soft shadows

not my current rig

old opty 175 + x1900 xtx

booyah!

:D

my current rig runs oblivion @ 1080P all in-game settings max'd, 8xMSAA (forced via cp), HDR - buttery smooth (until it crashes)

haven't noticed any media playback issues, to be honest

have seen lockups in games, and an occasional app crash (like FF), I've already replaced the RAM, run memtest numerous times without error, my hd tests fine, my OS install is recent, my cooling is fantastic, basically everything is top-of-the-line in its class and should be operating quite well together, but it doesn't. the system runs slowly... it feels off. gaming is fantastic when it works (I mean ridiculously good) but reboots aren't out of the question, nor are CTDs, though I've never seen it BSOD, oddly enough. It restarts when running SMP folding @ home all-out for extended periods. I get file copy errors during game installations. like almost all of them. my optical drives are fine, as is my cable. those are all the symptoms.

I think the mobo might have some gremlins... I may just have to flash the bios and install some new drivers and see what happens.

my sys:
e8400
8800 gt sc
2x2gb gskill pc8000
xp pro 32
abit ip35e
corsair 550w
I've got pics

That sounds horrible. That many different errors is going to be a pain to fix, but previously you seemed to imply it was graphics and not MOBOs...

For your friend s/he could try what I said previously. For you... it sounds bad.

That sounds horrible. That many different errors is going to be a pain to fix, but previously you seemed to imply it was graphics and not MOBOs...

For your friend s/he could try what I said previously. For you... it sounds bad.

haha, I know

way too many issues with my rig

I think I made the mobo unhappy when I o/c'd up to 4.32GHz for a bit.....

Back