Geil RAMs are famous!

FX5900

Newcomer
pretty much all from newegg.com are outta stock!! Not to mention, I own 8 sticks of 512 for my 3 comps.

I have never purchased GeiL memory. I refuse to put something in my computer whose manufacturer's name means "horny" in german. :D

My main PC has two sticks of 512MB Geil. Its worked very well, the only issue is that it doesnt like to behave with other brands. But it was cheap, and it performs almost exactly as other more expensive models from brands such as Corsair and OCZ.

I'm not sure how well they're doing on the German market, considering that "geil" is the German word for "horny".

L233 said:
I'm not sure how well they're doing on the German market, considering that "geil" is the German word for "horny".
Or just "great".
I think the name is just about the only reason why the brand is known/remembered around these parts at all.

I've got two 512 and two 256 MB PC4000 sticks as well. Too bad my motherboard limits the memory voltage otherwise I could probably have my P4 3.0 at 3.8 GHz.

My Geil value DDR400 is a bit dodgy, didn't agree at all with my Shuttle but seems to work ok with the desktop PC but can't handle anything more than fairly loose timings at stock speed.
But you know, ya pays your money, you takes your chances & I paid relatively little :smile:

Geil=horny? lol.. Hey i know something now..

Geil rams are good.. I can do 260x10 using them...with 3-4-4-8

Geil is good, but there are many other great brands out there too, like G-Skill, Team Xtreem (sub-brand of G-Skills I think, lol) and others.

In other news, this thread gave me massive deja-vu. I swear I've seen the exact same progression of posts before, what with all the horney references.

_xxx_ said:
Geil ist geil ;)
Not so sure about that. I mean ... I don't see them doing anything that can't be done with bog-standard Samsung modules or whatever else. Almost every memory module can be overclocked if overvolted, and that's what they "spec" them for.

I personally don't trust any memory vendor that doesn't have their own chip production. Don't see why I should. Don't see what they could possibly do to make better memory modules than the chip makers they buy from.

Just kidding, I never used it. I always buy "standard" midrange Infineon or Samsung RAM, the extra 2-3% performance is really not worth double the money IMHO.

zeckensack said:
Not so sure about that. I mean ... I don't see them doing anything that can't be done with bog-standard Samsung modules or whatever else. Almost every memory module can be overclocked if overvolted, and that's what they "spec" them for.

I personally don't trust any memory vendor that doesn't have their own chip production. Don't see why I should. Don't see what they could possibly do to make better memory modules than the chip makers they buy from.
That'd be fine if a memory module was all about the DRAM IC and nothing else, and if those DRAM ICs were all created equal.

L233 said:

About as well as the Honda Fitta did in Sweden I guess (Fitta = pussy).

Humus said:
About as well as the Honda Fitta did in Sweden I guess (Fitta = pussy).
Some more OT, sorry about that. :)

Now Mitsubishi is marketing a new model of their cars called Grandis.
One of the most popular frozen dinners here in Norway is a pizza called Grandiosa and it's known as Grandis in youth vernacular.

Back