Gears of War Maps To Be FREE... eventually that is

I completely understand how you feel. Hell yea, i'd like it to be free. I just paid $10 for extra maps for Call of Duty 3 and evidently, I'm one of only a few who chose to do the same. :)
And there is the thing, I rented CoD3 when it came out and while I didn't care for the single player much I had a great time with multiplayer, not nearly enough to pay $60 for though. Given some free maps I might well be inclined to buy the game now, and join you along with the rest of my old CoD2 crew playing those new maps, at least what is left after we got split up after some of us bought the extra CoD2 maps while others didn't. And if I were to take up CoD3 multiplayer I would be that much more inclined to buy the next CoD game for the 360 to keep playing with whatever crew I wound up with in CoD3. However, as it stands I'll likely never buy CoD3 and will probably just buy the PC version of the CoD4 or rent it for either my 360 or PS3.

My position is only that I never begrudge anyone the right to make a profit on the fruits of their labor or time/money investment (except in times of social crisis where donation would be the humane thing to do if they can afford it).
I agree, but the content is Epic's labor MS is begrudging them the right to give it to their customers; even though that is a means of profit as I exemplified above, and of course MS would still be getting their cut in that.

Back