Gears of War 12min Xboxyde

AlNom

Legend
http://www.xboxyde.com/news_3727_en.html

(Thanks Blim :D)

640x360 ~125MB

It's an extended gameplay version of the TGS (or was it X06?) footage, and it's the gameplay that happens after the second cutscene (inside the helicopter) and obviously, for awhile longer than what was shown previously. He shows the emergence holes where the enemies spawn (destroyable).

Framerate is ok... about Halo:CE? It mostly dragged during the firefights.

Cliff gives a little speech at the end regarding release date, art book, interviews with lead developers, XBL stuff on the 7th of November, and first saying this video isn't on the internet. :p

edit: oh yeah, it's a direct feed, just lowered resolution. (Blim'll probably saved a bunch of bandwidth cost on this one!)

I am very pleased to see that the AI is above anything we saw in the last gen and probably even in the PC, I hope this is mostly a product of UE3 and this become the new minimun standard for AI in next gen action games.

Overall the game also looks to be very good.

I hope this vid puts to rest all the talk about the scope of the environement. The scope of the playfield in this vid is expansive. For the first time i think I have a good idea how this game plays... and I like it. I wish it was a lil less hazy though....

Yeah I really was surprised about the scope in this video. Looks very nice.The DOF is a bit too strong for my taste. On the other hand I don`t think it`s fair to say every texture in GeoW is superior to certain other games.

2 weeks

Nov 7th it ships to game stores Nov 12th is just the big retail day

I mean, what the heck? What is the big deal on "emergence day"?? I thought it was the release date as well :???: Talk about your poor marketing...

I mean, what the heck? What is the big deal on "emergence day"?? I thought it was the release date as well :???: Talk about your poor marketing...

true :LOL:

Gamestop/ EB on the 7th... but they are giving to the 12th for Best Buy Wal-Mart etc to get the game on the shelf and that is a Sunday so perhaps they will have a big retail presence.

gametrailers had this video few weeks ago... it was a shakycam, and one of the devs was explaining the game mechanic during the play.

yea... guess we'll have to wait.

Where are the TV commercials (ala Halo 2)?

Was waiting for it (we have a 360 at work), now I don't know what to think, I'm left unimpressed and rather disappointed.

Somewhere about a week ago my internal hype meter kicked into overdrive for this game. Basically once I started reading the EGM preview.

I think it may go down as one of the best games of all time.

I also think it's a worthy replacement in liue of Halo for microsoft this year.

And, just two weeks!

I also think it will be the best selling game by NPD. I dont see how any PS3 game can be by virtue of the low availability. Now, Zelda Wii might have a chance, but the install base on the 360 should still have a sizable edge.
________
LIVE SEX

Last edited by a moderator:
I also think it will be the best selling game by NPD. I dont see how any PS3 game can be by virtue of the low availability. Now, Zelda Wii might have a chance, but the install base on the 360 should still have a sizable edge.

You mean best selling next-gen game though right? Otherwise I think the game should be up against the DS, PS2 and PSP. The only reason that these platforms could end up with games below GeoW is because there are probably too many good games to choose from. ;)

But I'm nitpicking. Personally, I think CoD3 probably deserves to beat GeoW. ;) I don't know, I just like what that game does a lot more. In my opinion, GeoW is overhyped based on its graphics. It's a cool game, but it's not earth shattering (although the earth shatters a lot in the game, mind you ;) ). But then again we all know it doesn't need to be to woe the masses either. ;)

Back