GAF implodes after owner Evilore is accused of sexual assault

same with me -shrug-. I understand the basic concepts of these kinds of things but that's mostly due to my time here lurking. Otherwise i'd be much more ignorant on these sorts of things, so i do have the members here to thank for great discussions

There was a ring? I only saw the prompt for a secret code, but I think the ability to register was removed midway during me trying to register.

Same. I was prompted for a captcha and entering "Secret Code" didn't work for me. Registrations are closed again but according to this post, regular registrations will be open soon. I'll register then.

I don't care where I discuss stuff (any more than I care which manufacturer makes my gaming hardware), as long as the forum software and community is good. :yes:

I don't think its fair for you to assume such things about other forums Shifty.
It's just a tongue in cheek comment. If GAF was pro-Sony, and we have new fora from the defectors, you'd imagine they'd be pro-MS. That's typically what happens when you have a schism - two opposing sides are born. But of course any of these could be a good, broad forum.

I don't think its fair for you to assume such things about other forums Shifty. We have plenty of diverse viewpoints and gaming mindsets over on ResetEra just looking at the topics present. If you want to dismiss everyone as some kind of fanboy without even talking to them, that's too much.

I voluntarily stopped posting on GAF but i think the same there. Any forum will have its rubes, including this one, i just think denigrating the entire forum because of those minority elements is uncalled for
I was going to join and give it a chance however outlook is a band email even though i do pay for my outlook so i wont be part of it

I was going to join and give it a chance however outlook is a band email even though i do pay for my outlook so i wont be part of it
I still don't understand what qualifies as a non-throw away email.

I presume an ISP given email, as that can be banned and keep you out of the forums more typically. Freely created email like Outlook or GMail are very easily spammable.

ironically enough, i got through on my gmail account alone. I must have registered at a weird time, because i didn't get any resistance even though it was not a paid email address. They said they were initially giving priority to OG Gaf members, maybe that's why? Although i thought i would just be rejected straight out for the email thing

I signed up for the hell of it, but I'm curious how they manually approve accounts. How do they decide to accept or decline members? Seems kind of odd...

Wow that ResetEra thing is actually worse than neogaf, if such a thing is even possible. Even more pretentious and with the same bs neogaf used to have. Well at least something good came out of this, neogaf lost all of its “influence” and “prestige” while it is extremely doubtful that this ResetEra thing will even approach the “glory days” of neogaf so it seems that this cancer for videogames has been finally healed.

Back