Frank Millers Sin City movie trailer.

Tanx man! (Clickety!)

That movie looks teh weird! But very, very interesting... Manymany big/semi-big names in this one, seems to have lots of characters in it. Many movies aren't much more than female and male leads + some support fluff, here name after name comes up in the trailer. :)

Nice to see Hollywood trying something new. Is it going to be all-B&W apart from a few colorized objects here and there? If so, that's uncharacteristically brave of them movie studio execs to go ahead with such a project. From watching documentaries and commentaries, it seems clear the people who are the least suited to work in a creative occupation such as movie-making are the ones heading up Hollywood's major studios.

What's happened here? Did they all die and got replaced by competent people or something? :devilish:

The style of the movie and characters are taken directly from the successful and long-running Sin City comics. In fact, I've never seen another comic adaptation that looks so much like the comicbooks themselves. The movie execs arn't suddenly getting good at chosing projects, they are (as usual) seeing something in a different field that's successful and taking it to make money for themselves.

I guess with the recent successes of movies based on the Marvel Comics franchises, the execs have been eyeing up comics as a whole in order to copy the "next big thing".

I know the style looks the same as the comic books because I've fvcking read them, alright? Will you get off my goddam case already, go find someone else to harass or I'm going to have to complain to the forum admins.

As usual you've not thoguht your post through. Just because a comic is successful doesn't mean the looks will be kept when it's turned into a movie (X-Men for example where they all got new costumes), or the concept (the Mask, where all the blood and gore was replaced with Jim Carrey), or the background (both Spiderman and The Hulk, who are now products of genetic engineering rather than radioactivity), or the director might decide to cast a dork in the lead part (Michael Keaton as the Batman... Jesus!)

So as you see, things frequently change when comics become movies, and the typical superhero comics are much MUCH more mainstream than anyone could ever say about Sin City to begin with and still got changed, so thus it IS surprising the movie adaptation is as faithful as it seems to be.

So, just like, make like a tree and all that, alrighty?

Guden Oden said:
I know the style looks the same as the comic books because I've fvcking read them, alright? Will you get off my goddam case already, go find someone else to harass or I'm going to have to complain to the forum admins.

As usual you've not thoguht your post through. Just because a comic is successful doesn't mean the looks will be kept when it's turned into a movie (X-Men for example where they all got new costumes), or the concept (the Mask, where all the blood and gore was replaced with Jim Carrey), or the background (both Spiderman and The Hulk, who are now products of genetic engineering rather than radioactivity), or the director might decide to cast a dork in the lead part (Michael Keaton as the Batman... Jesus!)

So as you see, things frequently change when comics become movies, and the typical superhero comics are much MUCH more mainstream than anyone could ever say about Sin City to begin with and still got changed, so thus it IS surprising the movie adaptation is as faithful as it seems to be.

So, just like, make like a tree and all that, alrighty?

I was posting to the thread, GO, not answering you directly. That's why I didn't quote you.

Be my guest and make a complaint to the admins. I'd expect them to tell you off for generally being rude and offensive, (as per usual), as well as dodging the anti-swearing filters.

So I see that some of us got hang-overs this morning? :|

C'mon guys! Please either play nice, ignore each other, or take it to PMs....this isn't going to resolve/help anything. :?

digitalwanderer said:
So I see that some of us got hang-overs this morning? :|

C'mon guys! Please either play nice, ignore each other, or take it to PMs....this isn't going to resolve/help anything. :?

Look at the way the thread has developed and you can see where the problem is. Same as always.

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
Same as always.
Not quite same as always, usually I'm the one causing the trouble... ;)

Regardless of who started it, could we just stop? I'm interested in the thread. I'm a big Frank Miller fan, but I've never read Sin City....someone want to give me a thumbnail on it without too many spoilers? :|

digitalwanderer said:
I'm interested in the thread.

Well exactly.

digitalwanderer said:
I'm a big Frank Miller fan, but I've never read Sin City....someone want to give me a thumbnail on it without too many spoilers? :|

You could try here (watch for popups) to give you a taste of the artwork and characters. You can see how directly Miller has translated it to the screen as he's directing his own material.

It's quite different from Miller's previous comic work. It's kind of like Film Noir in comics, and follows characters through a dark, gritty Chanderesque city. It's really impressive stuff if you're into visuals, storylines, and characters. If you're looking for superheros and sci-fi, you won't find it in Sin City.

Good looking movie. Further proof that if Robert Rodriguez makes it, it ends up looking cool (El Mariachi?).

Back