Four suicide bombings in two days

DemoCoder

Veteran
and coincides with the new release of the ME peace "roadmap" and the first high level talks between Israel and Palestinian leaders in awhile.

Also coincides with what looks like al-qaeda bombings in Morocco, Saudi Arabia.

Do the groups that feed off the Palestinian crisis fear a solution is near, and cutting them off to their one source of recruitment?

Increased terrorist activity had always happened when there was any advance in the peace process. It's been going like this for quite a few years. Unfortunately these attacks tend to get the desired (on part of the terrorists) response.

Do the groups that feed off the Palestinian crisis fear a solution is near, and cutting them off to their one source of recruitment?

I don't believe bin Laden and group, al Qaeda, need the Israel and Palestinian issue for recruitment. Bin Laden only started talking about "Plaestine" after September 11, when he sensed that he might be losing the support of the Arab street.

This is nothing new. Let's not forget that it was the jews who killed off their own man, Rabin, when they were oh so close to peace.

Natoma said:
This is nothing new. Let's not forget that it was the jews who killed off their own man, Rabin, when they were oh so close to peace.

Lets rephrase that to "a jew" killed Rabin. You make it sound like they're a collective against peace.

RussSchultz said:
Lets rephrase that to "a jew" killed Rabin. You make it sound like they're a collective against peace.

The sad thing, is they might as well be. Until the people over there stop buying into the stupidity of hardliners on both sides, they'll just have to keep on fighting. I'm sure a vast majority probably want peace, but whenever a terrorist blows himself up, or the Israelis send the tanks rolling in (and end up killing innocent bystanders), it all gets set back to square one.

The truth is saying the "ceasation of violence" is a prerequisite to start peace negotiations, is tantamount to saying "we're never going to negotiate". I'm sure the terrorists and Israeli hardliners are both well aware of that. What's really ironic, is those two groups probably have more in common with one another than with their respective populations.

Back