Forza Horizon 2 on the horizon! [XO,X360]

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
This game dishes realistic driving, but it was one of the most fun experiences on the Xbox 360 for an arcade racer yet made.

forza-horizon-2-ign.jpg

Forza Horizon 2 will be set in southern Europe (France, Italy, Spain and Portugal maybe?), it will feature hundreds of cars, and the Drivatar system from Forza 5 that works so well observing your behaviour and actions and builds a digital clone of you will be included too.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/02/ign-first-forza-horizon-2-announced

Less love than my NHL threads.
:smile2: It depends on the kind of love you mean, maybe lad's love?

Forza Horizon was love at first sight for many in the previous version. I am glad that it comes out for the X360 too.

Titanfall, Fable Anniversary, now Forza Horizon 2.... People can't say now that MS are abandoning the X360.

Less love than my NHL threads.
btw Scott, you and I can keep flooding this thread so we can stimulate it, in order for this thread to appear busy and crowded. :)

Seriously though, what's not to love about a game like Forza Horizon?

Never played the first one. Might have to pick it up as I like arcade racers way more than simulations so I should like this more than the numbered Forza.

Should be cheap used right now. I have very limited time to game until September so these small arcade slice racers should fit right in.

Going to be beautiful.. FH1 was a great game... can't wait for open world and weather driving, racing

Wow Ms keep Announcing games before E3. Maybe live demo on e3?

Wonder when is the release date. I still have 360 to play this (probably) awesome game. Like FH1 with their races and arcade handling but not too arcade

IGN said that game will come out this fall, Xbone and X360 versions are made by two different developers.

Footage later today from IGN right?

So far this game looks amazing. Just wondering if they will stick with 60 fps on Xbox One or go for 30 fps like Forza Horizon 1 did.

Footage later today from IGN right?

So far this game looks amazing. Just wondering if they will stick with 60 fps on Xbox One or go for 30 fps like Forza Horizon 1 did.

Full preview at 0900 EDT / 0600PDT

Should include video according to What I read from aT10 response on eeddit

[Editor's Note: We can't reveal what Forza Horizon 2 looks like in motion just yet. Stay tuned for a teaser this Friday, and then we'll show you more of the game than you can handle next week during E3!]

... there is a video -- of them talking /facepalm

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a touch of aliasing in the pic with the fence, so it could be an in-game shot. They borrowed some trees from Crytek though, which is not a bad thing. (kidding)

I know this is wrong, but I was watching the edge of the screen and from the little bit I could see it looks great... ;p Ok...I admit I am hyped for this, ever since TDU1 I have wanted a good open world racer, Horizon 2 could build on both 1 and TDU. Bring on Friday and next week.

/Speculation wild theory time - could this be using any DX12 bits, based on FM5 engine which was once converted. How much would an open world racer benefit from DX12?

There is a touch of aliasing in the pic with the fence, so it could be an in-game shot. They borrowed some trees from Crytek though, which is not a bad thing. (kidding)

I know this is wrong, but I was watching the edge of the screen and from the little bit I could see it looks great... ;p Ok...I admit I am hyped for this, ever since TDU1 I have wanted a good open world racer, Horizon 2 could build on both 1 and TDU. Bring on Friday and next week.

/Speculation wild theory time - could this be using any DX12 bits, based on FM5 engine which was once converted. How much would an open world racer benefit from DX12?

Weird question, but what is TDU; Test Drive Unlimited?
Q: When will I be able to get my hands on DirectX 12?
A: We are targeting Holiday 2015 games.

But it's true that it may not apply to X1 first party titles which likely has had longer time with the API than the rest of the developers that signed up for it at GDC.

Yes Test Drive Unlimited, played the first one to nearly 100%, and the second to about 5%. Ha!

I doubt it is DX12, but I think it would be a benefit to texture streaming for large worlds. Really excited about the area they picked, some really great roads in that part of the world. Italy alone will keep me occupied for months. Would be neat if you could drive to Monza, and then have an event at the track.

FH2 , Rayleigh Scattering

"Technical director Alan Roberts breezes through the ins-and-outs of a real-life optical phenomenon known as Rayleigh scattering, which is what causes both the vivid blue hue of the midday sky and the red and yellow tones of the sky at sunset. In a nutshell, the sky in Horizon 2 is blue because science dictates it, not because an artist glanced out a window and settled on the closest shade he or she could find .

"“With Horizon we pushed dynamic lights with the headlights,” says Penrose. “Now every single light in a scene is dynamic, which is only something we’ve been able to achieve with the switch to a next-gen platform."

The headlights themselves are no longer just standard dynamic lights; they’ve actually got modelled aberration and chromatic aberration from a proper headlight, which is why when drive around the scene and you see the headlights reacting to certain objects you’ll see a slight rainbowing on the edge.

“This now means that we can simulate the way that light interacts with particles in the atmosphere,” says Roberts. “We no longer have to have artists picking the colour of the sky from a colour picker; we can model the amount of particles in the atmosphere and the sky and the lighting reacts accordingly.”

Fulton explains the team had an enormous head start realising this, starting with the graphics engine, image-based lighting system, and physically modelled materials of Forza Motorsport 5.

Back