Fonts are no longer readable after switching to nvidia

Btw, is there anything not nice in using HDMI given the fact that it's not quite designed for desktop use?

Basically only when it comes to 4k where you need HDMI 2.0 for 60hz. Otherwise, the other problem that commonly comes up is if it thinks your monitor is a TV and enables stuff like overscan.

Regards,
SB

I have full range option with dvi, maybe your monitor is set to limited range and only hdmi can override it?
right click desktop -- screen resolution is your monitor listed correctly there or is it generic pnp monitor or similar, have you installed the inf file for your monitor ?

ps:
when i search google for nvidia can't set dynamic range with dvi all the results are about nvidia can't set dynamic range with hdmi.
https://www.google.co.uk/#q=nvidia+can't+set+dynamic+range+with+dvi

Last edited:
I was saying the situation with DVI & lack of option is idiotic also from an UI point of view. I wish that the interface would still show the colour mode & dynamic range options grayed out along with a text when you hovered enumerating possible causes. I think the user deserves to know that something could be better for her, even if it's not applicable.

But yeah, I'm at a loss with the DVI situation. I've even lowered the res to 1200, hoping that the option would come up (as lowering res could be interpreted as more bandwidth available for quality). I've used both the drivers that came with windows and the newest on nv site. None showed the option.

And youve installed the inf file ?
and you dont have this page at all ?
AeUtMYX.jpg

And youve installed the inf file ?
and you dont have this page at all ?

That page doesn't have the Chroma settings that Rurouni was talking about. If for some reason it is enabling 4:2:2 Chroma instead of 4:4:4, that would produce the artifacts like he's seeing. Hence why 4k TVs that can only do 4:2:2 at 60hz are really bad as computer monitors.

Regards,
SB

yep ive found a pic of the missing settings ive never seen them which makes me believe they only show up on tv's
SZcB2TZ.png

I'm on amd and yes, the color mode also only available with TV. Same with limited %full range, they only available with TV.

I've seen a similar thing just today. I switched from a 24" 1920x1200 Dell monitor to another (27" 2560x1440, fed via DVI from a GTX570), the text showed the same issues you seem to be seeing. The graphics card didn't change though. Switching from DVI to DP this. Weird. I was under the impression that NVIDIA drivers were the Gold Standard.

Back