Folklore demo.

I don't know which chapter you are in, but I found the first two chapters quite boring and dialogs in those were pitiful. Thankfully story ended up being very deep and even thought provoking to some extend.

Music was just awesome and overall game was bleeding creativity every second.

What changes in the remaining chapters that makes the dialog sequences not as excruciating?

I firmly disagree with your final statement.

I bought this game for my son. His opinion is that it's bog standard average and boring, playing for two hours last night I have to agree. Its a solid 5/10 the dialogue is painful to read and the old style comic book frames don't work anymore, where the speach, its a BR you know. Read the EDGE and Eurogamer reviews both of which hit the nail on the head with regards to this title.

I guess I'm sort of late to the party here but I'm really really enjoying this title. As other have stated it's just oozing with creativity and a wonderful thought provoking story. I love the art direction and I actually feel that the comic book narrative adds to the overall feel of the game. the sixaxis support is also very nicely done IMO. Really adds to the combat.

Agree with everything Crayon said above, especially the reference to old school gameplay. No wonder I find the game nostalgic.

Yep this is really bringing me back to my gaming roots. Loving it. I feel like I'm in grade 8 again XD I'm on chapter 5 with ellen right now, I'm going to finish ellen entirely then start with keats.

Btw in the bar there's a selection for 'downloaded quests' where do I download these quests? Also how do I unlock the costumes for ellen and keats? Are these downloaded as well or are they unlocked in game? Don't tell me how to unlock them if it's an in game thing. lol

On another note I totally understand how some people wouldn't enjoy this game. You really have to be able to immerse yourself in the atmosphere to enjoy it and if you don't like the art direction, setting, and story it'd be near impossible to do.

Btw in the bar there's a selection for 'downloaded quests' where do I download these quests? Also how do I unlock the costumes for ellen and keats? Are these downloaded as well or are they unlocked in game? Don't tell me how to unlock them if it's an in game thing. lol
PS Store had free DLC for the game.
For clothes, I got only one for Ellen and it was in the game. Good luck with that though. :)

New PS3 user just finished the game. I like this game a lot. :smile: I especially like the story. It's a bit slow at first, but overall, it's as good as I've seen. The story rank alongside Xenogears and Silent Hill 2 in my mind. I like the way it treats death, the worldview, and some surprises.

I don't particularly like the comic book style cutscene, but I'm willing to accept them as probably a budget related restriction. It's not like I didn't have much to read when I played the older RPGs. Linear levels don't concern me either. I'm not keen on exploring a big world.

My only complaint is the game is a bit too difficult for me in places. Other than that, I love this game. :cool:

Yes, Folklore is a gem. You should give Valkyria Chronicles a look too. The demo is downloadable from the PS Store. They are both archaic in terms of the format, but offer fresh perspectives in gameplay.

The same person who lend me Folklore also has the JP version of Valkyria Chronicles. So, I'll get around to play that at some point even though I won't understand the story. May be not a big miss, right?

Erm, VC has about nothing in common with Folklore. Don't listen to that guy, no idea what he is smoking.

If you like Folklore, you're going to like the Persona games more than VC. But VC is still a great game.

:LOL: I didn't say they are the same genre. Both are great games that surprised me, that's all. Yeah go check it out, and tell me how you fare in Chapter 7 :cool:

I thought you meant to say they are quite similar. They are similar indeed in terms of quality.

But in no way are they similar other than that, and coming from Japan.

Back