Fl0w is out now on PSN Europe

Arwin

Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
Legend
I was surprised to find it there today, without having heard of it on the web yet. It's ?4.99 and has a cool icon, I have to say. :) Time to play now, as it's downloaded and installed (150mb)

150 MB?! What sort of data is that? The movies I've seen don't look like 150 MB of graphics with their minimalist look.

There's more graphics than you'd think. But more important are the three letters quietly introduced at the beginning of the game I suppose:

THX

;)

After playing with two figures, it's more difficult than I thought (i.e., you do actually play a game, with game dynamics, bonus levels, bosses, AI, etc.) and my fiancee told me I can play this game as much as I like as she loves watching it. :LOL:

Not that it's terribly hard but I did get stuck at the end of level two, so there. Those tiny fish are dangerous!

Yeah it is very nice, i picked it up today also to my surprise for 3.49 GBP.

Finished it just no, my girlfriend also like it a lot.

Just yesterday i transferred money to the Wallet on my US account.. because i wanted to buy flow never got to it because i had filled my download queue with stuff from my HongKong and US account :)

So this morning it was a pleasent surprise to see Flow on the European shop. Whey they don´t push that Store more is strange..

Everybody Golf demo and a bunch of trailers.. Recommended stuff..

Just sign up and select HongKong as Region for the .jp stuff with english text and USA for US stuff..

EDIT: Is that Lair Trailer Realtime, sorry i had to ask because if it is....

Well it looks as though someone screwed up over at Sony.

I thought it was strange to see flow added but it wasn't on the newly added list that appears on the top right. Especially as the games release date was for apr 6th.

Well now Sony has corrected themselves it seems by removing Flow of the EU (or at least UK) Store, for those that missed it, you'll have to now wait until Friday.

I thought it was strange to see flow added but it wasn't on the newly added list that appears on the top right. Especially as the games release date was for apr 6th.

Well now Sony has corrected themselves it seems by removing Flow of the EU (or at least UK) Store, for those that missed it, you'll have to now wait until Friday.
Hmm here in the Belgian shop it is still possible (i'm just downloading it) to purchase flow.

Hmm unless it disappears when you buy it?? It's my first purchase, is there anyone else in UK who can confirm/deny?

I was surprised to find it there today, without having heard of it on the web yet. It's €4.99 and has a cool icon, I have to say. :) Time to play now, as it's downloaded and installed (150mb)
For perspective: that's the same price Nintendo asks for NES games over here. I think that's pretty reasonable :)
Still, Flow doesn't interest me much currently. First thing I'll buy will probably be Gripshift.

Prices of downloadable games so far are absolutely awesome. 9.99 for Tekken, 4,99 for Blast Factor and Fl0w, just great! I know they're supposed to be introductory offers and they may go up later, but this sure works for me ... I'm buying nearly all of them. 30 euro is all I put into my account, but it sure gets you a lot of stuff, as it's not yet finished. ;)

I'm not getting Gripshift yet, too many racing stuff to play already! I hope in May we'll get Heavenly Sword and Lair demos, as I'm sort of expecting. :p

Ah man, and there was me thinking for once that I hd made some gain out of a sony mistake :D ... Alas...

Still flow is great and certainly worth the money, shows off the motion control nicely, even through i thought at first you'd have 'real' control over the game rather tan tilting it in a certain direction.

I can't wait for sony to start updating it and getting more and more demos on there, Hopefully lair demo isn't far away, I really look forward to playing that game.

Had some friends over the other night and they really dug Flow - I just played it through. Really minimalistic, I love it! The thing is though that after a few levels I expected the "lifeforms" to keep on evolving, but seems like they didn't. The levels seem totally different though the second time round - althought I was extremely intoxicated the first time :)

Yap ! flOw is mesmerizing. I like the controls (very intuitive !) and the music. I was a little skeptical at first (Saw some negative user posts), but went ahead and try after some positive user remarks.

It's a unique game, plays well too. I just realized L2 does something special (boost ?). I hope to see more innovative ideas like this on the PSN in the future.

EDIT: Completed flOw... turns out that every creature has its own special capability... and you can press other buttons to activate it (not just L2).

Last edited by a moderator:
It's way cooler on 2 players.. :)
Especially scary when the other one turns red and can eat you.. :p

Anyone know how many can play at once?
I only got two controllers. :(

Same here.
I bougth it and didn't get to download it before it was too late. . .
Have to wait another week since I'm travelling to France over the Easter holiday.
Something to look forward to though after reading all the positive stuff about it;-)

It's way cooler on 2 players.. :)
Especially scary when the other one turns red and can eat you.. :p

Anyone know how many can play at once?
I only got two controllers. :(

Actually you can play with four, I think!

(and by the way, Lemmings does not support a mouse ... but it works quite alright now anyway. Download the demo and find out, I'd say!)

Ok so flOw is simple and soothing. It seems that the worm has a different shape if I "eat" other organisms in different order ? .. coz sometimes it has ugly gaps in between elaborate segments (like a shaved poodle, which annoys me somewhat). Is there a guide that explains "eating strategy" :) ?

Back