First Shot of Tetsuya Mizuguchi's Ninety Nine Nights

rusty

Regular
The xbox 360 game he is making....

farm_18.jpg

bigger pic by clicking on the photo at this link http://ruliweb.dreamwiz.com/data/rulinews/read.htm?num=13341

originally found at teamxbox's forums

looks amazing given the number of people on screen... can't wait to see more about it

you have to go to the link
but why does it have a date of 2000.1.12
on the pic?
there's really nothing special graphics wise
except for how many ppl are displayed at once
i wonder how AI would be with this many characters'

EDIT: guess its working now
Maybe im stupid...now that i look at it i think thats the date that the site was founded or something... :oops:

that's odd mate, it works for me! picture must be in my cache...

suppose you've tried copying and pasting the addy into the address bar etc?

edit - here's a direct link to the big pic for you http://ruliweb.dreamwiz.com/data/news6/05m/12/xb/farm_S.jpg

mistan - yes if you take each aspect individually then it's not hugely impressive (mainly the flat grass texture) but given the sheer number of things on screen and that it's still got quite a lot of development to go it's looking pretty good if you ask me!

Amazing IQ. I'll believe it's realtime when i see it. Though i haven't seen anyone going "ITS TEH REELTYME!!1!!1" so i'm just assuming it's a "concept of how the game will look on next gen hardware".

Before we start setting expectations, one reality check.

How do we know it's not a pre-rendered shot...

Just look at the sword (near the terrain) and the dress (on the right leg) of the "main character". Hint: collision detection.

london-boy said:
Amazing IQ. I'll believe it's realtime when i see it. Though i haven't seen anyone going "ITS TEH REELTYME!!1!!1" so i'm just assuming it's a "concept of how the game will look on next gen hardware".

IQ? sorry but what is that short for other that intelligence quotient?

anyway,

IT's TeH REalTyMEE!!1!!1 IT's GonNA ROXxoRs Yo SOxxORs!!!

there, better? :LOL:

i'm not sure.... if it isn't real time there's a lot of things that don't need to be there - eg the sword tip hasn't detected the collision with the ground quite right, the right flap of the dress has had a bit of an argument with the leg armour, low poly on the most visible axe heads, stretched blurry green grass texture etc etc

Well, now that i REALLY look at it, it's not that amazing. Instancing for the hundreds of identical-looking soldiers should make this possible in realtime. Still, that IQ is quite something. But hey, current gen games shots are released with copious amounts of AA so there's hope.

comparison of Xbox and Xbox360 from GAF

Xbox1 - Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes
05.jpg

08.jpg

02.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

Xbox360 - Ninety-Nine Nights
2ninty.jpg

what would be impressive, is if Xbox Kingdom Under Fire: Heros was pushing several tens of characters on screen running at 20 to 30 fps at 480p with no anti-aliasing

while Xbox360 NNN was pushing several hundred characters on screen, running at 60fps at 720p with 4x anti-aliasing.

passby said:
Before we start setting expectations, one reality check.

How do we know it's not a pre-rendered shot...

without getting technical...

because it just doesn't ook like pre-rendered CGI

it's still got that PC-ish graphical look to it (but very nice).

to be honest i'm not that impressed.. i hope the x360 can handle more then a few hundreds soldiers onscreen . like nice trees, background objects etc....

Back