First Post

Hello!

Well I should start with some talk about my video card preference. I have been working with 3D accelerator cards since Voodoo1, and have used virtually every chip that 3Dfx, Matrox, Nvidia, and ATI have produced.

That said, I have been using a Radeon 9700 for almost 10 months straight. Good job ATI! To think they had a card with all the DX9 features a year ago is unbelievable.

Nvidia has also provided me a Quadro FX 1000 to work with. It has a slower clock speed than regular FX's, and it's slower overall compared to a 9700. It also has some missing features in the drivers, such as multiple render targets. Only us developer guys would notice some of these things anyways. I'll have to wait and see if NV35 is better speedwise.

So far PR-X has worked without any flaws on both cards. The engine was designed to work on Geforce3 and up, and I've just begun to add pixel shader 2.0 rendering effects. Gamers will probably turn all these off anyways to get better frame rates :(

Low poly with per pixel lighting effects is the future. When hardware gets faster we'll have hgher polygon numbers. Until then I'm working on per pixel effects and the best lighting model possible rather than spitting out huge numbers of single textured polygons. PR will do that already. PR-X will be what people use 5-10 years in the future when everyone has at least a Geforce FX. :)

Back