First HD DVD game...Dragon's Lair

:cry: Why would they mention the 360 in the title to the press release when it looks to be an interactive movie (just like all the other versions b4 it)? I mean it should work in any HD-DVD player, so WFT? :???:

I agree... I doubt MS is going to be particularly pleased with the PR mess this creates, all because of poorly chosen words.

It isn't a "360" game in any real sense of the word. Even calling it a "game" is stretching it.

I'm suprised that even made it to print.

With that being said, I am assuming they are using the HDi functionality in the HD-DVD spec to do this.

Sounds fun. I spent way to many quarters many moons ago into this mindless game! :)

there were quite a few DVD games marketed like this for PS2. i actualy bought a 3 pack that included "Who Shot Johnny Rock" and a few others because i thought it would be pretty sweet with a mouse. boy was i wrong. the game was meant to be played with a DVD remote, and they devided the screen up into a pretty low number of "zones". you use the arrows on your DVD remote to move the crosshair, and the select button to fire. the problem is, with a mouse the crosshair doesn't move smoothly at all because there aren't enough zones, making the game frustrating and overall not very fun. it actualy plays better with a gamepad, but the games were pretty dated anyway and these aiming issue took what little fun was left away. anyway, i'm glad i bought it when it was on clearence for $3.

long story short, i don't know why anyone was surprised about this. it's been done before.

-edit-
in case anyone really wants to know about the DVD set i'm talking about, here's the link from digital leisure

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if you've ever played Dragon's Lair there is no aiming or shooting. It's like a long QTE game so using a remote is perfectly fine.

Back