FireFox's download manager and resuming

mito

beyond noob
Veteran
So I started downloading 3dmark2005 from Futuremark's download section.
After 10% I paused the download.

Now I want to resume it but it is stuck, no message and no status whatsovever.
Simply stuck at 10%.

Yeah, that part of the manager has never worked for me. I simply like it because it means I dont have a billion things on the taskbar, I actually wish I could just push it to a tab or something.

Maybe the pausing has something to do with the place you download it from.

Skrying said:
I simply like it because it means I dont have a billion things on the taskbar, I actually wish I could just push it to a tab or something.

Download Manager Extension

" The Download Manager Tweak extension streamlines the current Firefox download manager. The extension allows the Firefox download manager to be opened in a separate window, the sidebar, or a tab. The extension also modifies the default appearance of the download manager to make it more concise and intuitive."

mito said:
So I started downloading 3dmark2005 from Futuremark's download section.
After 10% I paused the download.

Now I want to resume it but it is stuck, no message and no status whatsovever.
Simply stuck at 10%.

That's almost certaintly the server's problem not allowing to resume. A lot of servers do this, because they don't allow download managers (ala DAP).

But, yes the Firefox download manager is crap. It's ugly, buggy and useless. Just no way to turn it off...

btw, I don't know why that stupid download manager window has to pop up everytime I save an image from a page or anything else which is already downloaded. I suggested that the download manager window shouldn't appear if you're saving something that's already downloaded - this was from the 1.0 days - nearly a year went by and it's still exactly the same.

Varg Vikernes said:
But, yes the Firefox download manager is crap. It's ugly, buggy and useless. Just no way to turn it off...

btw, I don't know why that stupid download manager window has to pop up everytime I save an image from a page or anything else which is already downloaded. I suggested that the download manager window shouldn't appear if you're saving something that's already downloaded - this was from the 1.0 days - nearly a year went by and it's still exactly the same.

Download Manager Extension takes care of all that... You can have it show in a new tab in background, delay showing, or not even show up at all (larger time-delay values).

Back