Firefox - No More Tab Groups [2015 - 2019]

Discussion in 'PC Hardware, Software and Displays' started by Jawed, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Zaphod

Zaphod Remember
    Veteran

It's only been a year and a half since "Quantum", so it's not that bad.

2. hoom

Veteran

So last week I bit the bullet, took an axe to my old tabs & installed the ESR.
    Panorama view is functionally close to the old Tab Groups but has the fatal flaw that it loses the Groups every time I restart Firefox :no: Also sometimes new tabs would just disappear.
    If I hadn't killed all those old tabs it'd have been pretty much impossible to recreate groups.
    There is an option you need to enable to get tabs to hide for proper functionality.

I've now upgraded my main install to the proper current release 67.0.1 and switched to Simple Tab Groups which at least seems to keep its groups across restarts but its kinda annoying as it introduces an extra click or two to switching tabs.

I'm better off at the least for killing the old tabs anyway.

3. hoom

Veteran

I broke the database on Simple Tab Groups by having too many tabs open when I restarted :rolleyes:

So I got rid of the excess tabs & went back to Panorama View, its successfully restored groups across a couple of Firefox restarts so maybe the issue I was having was specific to that older Firefox version.