Firefly on Sci-fi channel

epicstruggle said:
How do you like the series outside of this?

epic
Its interesting. THe whole cowboys in space metaphor is taken a bit too far, but I like the general grittiness of the series as compared to Star Trek.

Battlestar Galactica is still better.

RussSchultz said:
Battlestar Galactica is still better.

I'm constantly surprised by just how dramatically deep BSG is. Just look at the first few minutes of the last episode, where Starbuck meets up with Apollo again, and they have a "WTF?" moment, followed by Apollo reacting to the reincarnated Boomer. Amazingly well scripted and acted. BSG just seems to have so much more weight than Atlantis and Stargate it goes out with.

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
I'm constantly surprised by just how dramatically deep BSG is. Just look at the first few minutes of the last episode, where Starbuck meets up with Apollo again, and they have a "WTF?" moment, followed by Apollo reacting to the reincarnated Boomer. Amazingly well scripted and acted. BSG just seems to have so much more weight than Atlantis and Stargate it goes out with.

yap, but i can always watch SG or Atlantis again, cause they are easy going while after watching Galactica, watching it again simply isnt _that_ anymore.... maybe after a while after it all sits down, but its simply too good to watch when you bored.

dunno if this makes any sense to you.

silence said:
yap, but i can always watch SG or Atlantis again, cause they are easy going while after watching Galactica, watching it again simply isnt _that_ anymore.... maybe after a while after it all sits down, but its simply too good to watch when you bored.

dunno if this makes any sense to you.

Oh yeah. SG & Atlantis are good fun and entertaining, but BSG is just heavier, denser, more grownup in some ways. BSG is something you want to watch when you can really concentrate on what's happening and be prepared for being put through the dramatic wringer.

Back