Firefly on Sci-fi channel

epicstruggle

Passenger on Serenity
Veteran
http://slashdot.org/articles/05/06/15/2251256.shtml?tid=214&tid=129
Firefly, a science fiction series that was canceled midway through its first season on Fox, has found a new home on the Sci Fi Channel. Fans of the cult-hit series Firefly will be pleased to learn that the show has been picked up by the Sci Fi Channel--just two months before the release of Serenity, a Universal Pictures film based on the series. Looks like they'll be airing all the ones we've already seen, plus 3 that never got aired the first time around. A bonus - They'll be seen in the correct order."
At least its a start. They are re-airing the episodes. If enough people watch it, maybe the series can be restarted.

epic

Oh its not a garantee they will order new shows? They should at least order another 12 shows or so to give it enough of a story arc... Its good news tho and maybe itll take off like BG has... timely news I just watched the last dvd 3 nights ago... great series!... (featuring 2 canuckians!)

The Sci Fi channel in the UK has been showing Firefly for a little over a month now. I wonder what the chances are that they will show the extra episodes here.

firefly is what replaced dark angel, so ive always had a grudge against it.

though i have learned a very important lesson from this, dont watch a series from fox until it has atleast a few seasons behind it. im quite surprised 24 didnt get cancelled, they usually cancel the good shows.

Monty said:
firefly is what replaced dark angel, so ive always had a grudge against it.

though i have learned a very important lesson from this, dont watch a series from fox until it has atleast a few seasons behind it. im quite surprised 24 didnt get cancelled, they usually cancel the good shows.

anything that killed Dark Angel is truely HATED by me.
i really hate how second season of DA ended.... so many open questions....

grrrrrrrrrrr.....

silence said:
anything that killed Dark Angel is truely HATED by me.
i really hate how second season of DA ended.... so many open questions....

grrrrrrrrrrr.....

DA was painting itself into a corner, and I say that as someone who watched every episode waiting for it to really pick up. They had one storyline (gorgeous government super soldier on the run), and you could see it unravel in series two, and then watch the writers scramble around trying to fix things by letting all the other experiments out, and the silly "will they won't they" love story they kept turning on and off.

DA had it's chance, and ended pretty much where it should have. Firefly on the other hand didn't even get a good chance. They got half a series, a quarter of which wern't shown and the ones that were shown were out of order and at different times with huge spaces between episodes. Firefly was just getting better and better, and it started out with just a much higher level of every good quality you can think of.

i agree that they pretty much screwed second season of DA with idiotic script.
i just wish there was another season cause there were simply too many things left open.... which acctually supports what you say.

i might give a try to Firefly after all. ;)

buuuuuuuuuuuut.....Jessica Alba..... :cry:

silence said:
buuuuuuuuuuuut.....Jessica Alba..... :cry:

least shes in 2 new films, but 1 u have to see is "the sleeping dictionary", she looks hot in that ;)

i may have to give this firefly a try as well, there is a lack of non-reality-tv shows going about.

i have now actually watched firefly, and i have to say, its a bloody good series, the 13 episodes of it anyhow.

it's a shame how it got cancelled, and how fox hold onto the rights
:devilish: , but hey, least theres a film coming out soon, cant wait.

OpenGL guy said:
Does "Firefly" the TV show have anything to do with the Piers Anthony book of the same name?

firefly the series is created by joss whedon so no it doesnt have anything to do with the book, though that book does sound quite interesting - does it have pictures ;)

Monty said:
firefly the series is created by joss whedon so no it doesnt have anything to do with the book, though that book does sound quite interesting - does it have pictures ;)
The firefly in the book was an amoeba-like thing that sucked the juices from people. Not something I really need to see! :D Basically, it was a horror novel.

I'd love to see it on HBO, as the first R-rated, adult SF series, ala Sopranos or Deadwood.

I watched the pilot of Firefly after reading recommendations from here, and I have to say, I didn't enjoy it at all. It was embarassingly cheesy in parts.

Can someone explain what I'm missing? (BTW a quick recommendation, Dead Like Me was very enjoyable in season 1)

PARANOiA said:
I watched the pilot of Firefly after reading recommendations from here, and I have to say, I didn't enjoy it at all. It was embarassingly cheesy in parts.

Can someone explain what I'm missing? (BTW a quick recommendation, Dead Like Me was very enjoyable in season 1)

The pilot was slow because it sets the scene and introduces the characters - the later episodes are much better.

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
The pilot was slow because it sets the scene and introduces the characters - the later episodes are much better.

i liked it, even though its totally "Wild West in space" type of show.... maybe thats why i liked to. So many stereotypes from Wild West put into SF show brought something new and refreshing....

Also i read here about "The 4400" and i really like it.... but my favorites are SG:Atlantis and Galactica...

The more I watch it, the more I cringe when River(? the f'd up girl) goes into ass kicking mode.

It is SOOOO Buffy in space.

RussSchultz said:
The more I watch it, the more I cringe when River(? the f'd up girl) goes into ass kicking mode.

How do you like the series outside of this?

epic

RussSchultz said:

Is not. It's SOOOOO Angel Season 5 Ilyra in space.

Back