Feel the quiet?

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Damn, ever since the reviews went up the boards have gotten quiet...I can almost FEEL the quiet intensity of people reading all the reviews!!!! :LOL:

I love release days, I really do. :cool:

digitalwanderer said:
Damn, ever since the reviews went up the boards have gotten quiet...I can almost FEEL the quiet intensity of people reading all the reviews!!!! :LOL:

I love release days, I really do. :cool:

If you read one review, you have red them all. R5xx is nice, but i do not think it was worth the wait.

digitalwanderer said:
"An R520" :oops:

No, "a" R520. You're mixing up a written vowel with a word which phonetically sounds like it starts with a vowel, but doesn't. It's "an" if the word starts with a vowel - "R" isn't one, even though it's pronounced "arrh".

Sorry to be a spelling fascist, but you started it first. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
No, "a" R520. You're mixing up a written vowel with a word which phonetically sounds like it starts with a vowel, but doesn't. It's "an" if the word starts with a vowel - "R" isn't one, even though it's pronounced "arrh".

Sorry to be a spelling fascist, but you started it first. ;)
The rule-o-thumb I was taught is that if it sounds like a vowel you use "an" instead of "a", and I'm sticking to it as it just seems weird otherwise. :)

digitalwanderer said:
The rule-o-thumb I was taught is that if it sounds like a vowel you use "an" instead of "a", and I'm sticking to it as it just seems weird otherwise. :)

Ahh yes, a common mistake when writing. <puffs pipe, straightens lapels of red velvet smoking jacket>

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
Ahh yes, a common mistake when writing. <puffs pipe, straightens lapels of red velvet smoking jacket>
Yay, verily. <puffs bat, straightens colar on his "geek" t-shirt>

Oh, so it's finally been released, huh? I didn't know, I've been lost reading gosh-darned wikipedia all day! :oops:

Back