Far Cry 6 [2021-10-07]

fehu

Veteran
Since no one has yet taken the subject, I would like to take advantage of it to address it with my proverbial moderation: it sucks.
Especially after seeing with Horizon what an open world can do in this generation.
In particular, the stiff and unnatural facial animations reminded me of Andromeda. And that made me shiver.

Immagine 2021-05-29 094337.jpg

Immagine 2021-05-29 094925.jpg
That's right, I thought the same thing at the end of the presentation.

Immagine 2021-05-29 095233.jpg

Immagine 2021-05-29 095423.jpg
This one looks good tho

Immagine 2021-05-29 095715.jpg
The obligatory pet.

looks very good to me !
and really liked FC5/ New dawn, especially in coop, was fun.
confirmed running 60fps on new gens.

I quite like the look, very cartoonish (though they might wanna dial back the plastic look a bit).
Sure its nowhere near the level of horizon but perhaps you can interact with the foliage :oops:

Maybe I was expecting too much, but facial animations looked stiff and artificial like someone with too little time had to manually animate a ton of them, and the lod decreases too much in the distance so they have to blur all making it worse.
The global cartoon like style hides some lack of details, but meh...
It's like cyberpunk all again all crossgen.

Their engine used for Far Cry is looking more and more dated. They have the UE3 problem of everything looking the same. There's some nice effects but otherwise looks very bland. Character models and animation are especially bad.

I'm sure it will sell well.

The AI looks sleepy :/
Yeah that was weird in the video. It almost seemed like the footage snippets involving some AI at times were developer tests for weapons or something, the enemies just standing there doing nothing.

It does looks as 8th-geny as all the other cross-gen games from Ubisoft, like Legion and Valhalla. Wide landscapes look ok, but most materials have that plastic feeling to them and animations seem very robotic.
Are they still using Dunia for Far Cry?

It does looks as 8th-geny as all the other cross-gen games from Ubisoft, like Legion and Valhalla. Wide landscapes look ok, but most materials have that plastic feeling to them and animations seem very robotic.
The polygon count seems well above Valhalla and Legion.

Yea, I completely agree with this assessment. Certain materials and shader quality is stuck in the past and looks pretty much the same as it has for the past 3 games. At least, from what I can tell with the video quality that I've seen so far.

I like the rain effects. But otherwise, just like with AC last year it looks kind of like all the Ubisoft tech guys are working on engines for the new consoles, while this is just using the best version of the stuff they already have and has gotten long in the tooth.

Also kind of disappointed in the game to, tbh. The silly guns look fun. But otherwise the "edgy" stuff seems weird and cringey; "glory kills" style stuff fits in well with like, Doom or Mortal Kombat. Not here so much imo. And otherwise it has a very "Just Cause" vibe, except without any of the ridiculous, over the top stuff that made Just Cause (2 and 3 at least) actually fun.

valhalla defenitly looks best from all this crossgen ubi titles

In Ultra mode with the HD Textures pack and Ray Tracing on (not shadows - they're barely noticeable) it looks way better than Valhalla, on the PC at least. There are some elements that look amazing and others that look very last gen, but I guess that is down to the Dunia engine showing its age. The most disappointing thing is the lack of interactivity, climbing for example. It would have been nice if they could have upgraded that. And FSR really helps the framerate!

The console version looks.. chunky in comparison and it not a resolution thing, it looks more like FSR in performance mode. And there is n ray tracing etc. But it still has its moments and is pure FC, which is all I was after.

i dont know about that, i havent played FC6 but i am not very impressed with valhalla. So far from vids i have seen FC6 looks better to me
I've played both, Valhalla is one of best looking open world games imo (tough its not amazing etc. but only few are better looking like Rdr2 or Tsushima).

I've played both, Valhalla is one of best looking open world games imo (tough its not amazing etc. but only few are better looking like Rdr2 or Tsushima).

I am not saying you are wrong, it really depends a lot of personal preferences. Personally i find AC odyssey or even origins better looking games than Valhalla due to prettier localisations and somwheat better artsyle. I played both odyseey and origins on ps4 and valhalla on xsx and i still think both were prettier despite being lower res and only 30fps. From what i have seen so far from vids FC6 environments looks really good and to me in some scenarios had this wow effect wich i havent seen in AC:V.

Back