Facebook buys Whatsapp @ $19bn

London Geezer

Legend
Supporter
WHAT??

No Evil FB buys Whatsapp thread?? Are you all dead?

I'm not panicking yet, but at the first inkling that a targeted ad I see on FB is remotely connected to something I wrote on a whatsapp chat, and I'm out. Whatsapp should remain private. Some of the things I send/receive on there would be enough to put me into jail/mental institution/rehab center for a little while. :devilish: Kidding! uhmm...

And needless to say, I'll be extremely unhappy if Whatsapp goes from its current uber simple ad free interface to a bloated ad monster only FB could conjure from the depths of Silicon Valley hell.

That's all.

WTF is whatsapp and why is it worth 19bn?

have no clue what it is either, nor I have ever used it or plan to use it :LOL:
These people are freaking crazy... how can really this bullshit cost so much money? :oops:

WTF is Facebook?

(sorry, it was a too easy shot :))

I have two more questions about FB! :LOL:

Why does it allow to block other people,
and
what is the logic behind friends order (or in the friends list in general too) in those small tiles (9 tiles) on people's wall? Why does it always show particular friends? Does it count views on your own account or what?

It's interesting to know that people also use whats app in other countries to send real fucked up pics and videos. Where are you from Shiftys Bitch?
I don't know why, but for some reason, here in brasil, that speciffic app caught on real quick (even though everybody here has FB, and whoever has an smartphone also has its messenger app) and it became this outlet for all sorts of depraved and gory shit that could have been sent around through mail or other messenger software before, but for some reason it became popular on Whats app.
I mean, everybody uses it here primarely for communication as a cheaper substitute for texting (which is stupidly expensive here) but I daily recieve som really fucked up video from some friend on the thing, and most people I know, even house wives and religious people and such, seem to be passing that same shit around as well. hahaha. I'm talking e-fukt type material, and celebritie's teen daughters selfies, remainings of dozens of disfigured bodies from bus crashes, crime-lord's executions from INSIDE brazilian prisions, SHOT AND SENT by the prisioners on their celphones. hahahaha (I laugh sarcasticly, but this stuff makes me wanna cry inside...)
I wonder what effects this generalized dessensitivization of that sort of thing will have on culture.

Whatsapp is pretty good. Useful for sending friends photos, messages etc, providing you have a data connection. I use it quite a bit.

Facebook have claimed they don't plan to change the Whatsapp service in the immediate future so it will be interesting to see how long this lasts.

Reading milk's post (not to mention LB's starter), it would seem that Whatsapp is used for quite a few things other than nice and friendly pic/message sharing with family and friends!

Reading milk's post (not to mention LB's starter), it would seem that Whatsapp is used for quite a few things other than nice and friendly pic/message sharing with family and friends!

Ok I was slightly exaggerating - I don't think milk was!! Scary!:LOL:

I heard on TV that whatsapp has more daily users than facebook, still 19bil seems like way too much.

19 billion makes the 30 million offer for yahoo seem sane.
didnt facebook spend 4 billion on some photoapp a while ago, how did that turn out?

Lately I am so fed up with this facebook that finally I will ditch it, get rid of it... I am tired to read everyone's own paths, how wrong you are, how right they are, how you should stop doing this, stop doing that and million other things, start doing something completely different, etc nonsense...

I will fight with it by removing it out of my life, NOW!

Smart are those who deactivate their accounts in order to avoid these severe mental health, psyche controls and influences!

Lately I am so fed up with this facebook that finally I will ditch it, get rid of it... I am tired to read everyone's own paths, how wrong you are, how right they are, how you should stop doing this, stop doing that and million other things, start doing something completely different, etc nonsense...

I will fight with it by removing it out of my life, NOW!

Smart are those who deactivate their accounts in order to avoid these severe mental health, psyche controls and influences!

Maybe you should stop accepting every retard as friends. I don't understand this sort of complaining. Don't like somebody's useless posts or whining? Delete them. That's why I do, including deleting family. As a result 90% of the stuff I see is "interesting" and the amount of whining is very small.

Just simple unfollow works perfectly fine in order not to see some people's continuous bullshit, sorry for this...

Anyways, I think the best solution is to give myself really some time in order to free my mind and consciousness from these influences, it means get rid of it, of the whole of it.

The question is - will it get better over time, or these people will continue to insist and insist, and the others follow them, etc.

Back