Excel Saga

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
It's a hilarious anime series that I just got to episode 19 of 23 and for some reason the line, "Menchi, you take the wheel!", just got me laughing so hard I had to pause it a second to catch my breath! :LOL:

Anyone else seen it? I know I've been going overboard on anime lately, but this is some hilarious freaking spit!
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

digitalwanderer said:
It's a hilarious anime series that I just got to episode 19 of 23 and for some reason the line, "Menchi, you take the wheel!", just got me laughing so hard I had to pause it a second to catch my breath! :LOL:

Anyone else seen it? I know I've been going overboard on anime lately, but this is some hilarious freaking spit!

Yep, seen it and own the 6 DVD set. Very funny stuff, especially as you watch more anime and see how cleverly they take off other series.

Make sure you watch the special ending for the unseen on TV episode 26. Menchi finally gets some respect. :)

Excel Saga does assume that the viewer has a deep cultural knowledge of other anime, but still it's funny even if you're relatively new to the medium. On the other hand most people I've shown it to who never seen an anime before simply hated it. :( By the way, Puni Puni Poemi is the sequel - if you like Excel watch this as well.

I'd also recommend the new animated version of the long-running manga "Bleach." It's not nearly as good as the Shonen Jump manga series, although, but it still gets my seal of approval. :)

Back