[eM] Enchant Arm - quality trailer

Blast... I feel like I know the whole story know... PREDICTIONS! I wonder how far/close I will be??

Atsuma: Turns out Atsuma's right hand seems to have a Devil Golem sealed within it, so either Atsuma was A) used as the vessel to seal the Devil Golem B) possesses "cursed blood" or C) is the reincarnation of a Devil Golem. Much in line with Atsuma's fiery and quick to act, slow to think personality the Devil Golem is fire based. That Dragon you saw with the sword (2 cents says the sword's named Raganarok) is Atsuma's Devil Golem that at some point he will be able to control as his main golem. Atsuma's story will focus on him trying to maintain his humainty as he's slowly swallowed up by the newly awakened presence in his right arm.

Touya: Atsuma's dear best friend (and their friendship is key) is the cool calculating type. He early on is somehow possessed or manipulated by the Devil Golem Queen of Ice. As such, Touya readily goes with her and fights with Atsuma. The emotional struggle of Touya and Atsuma, best friends who must fight, will be a central theme. However, at some point due to their strong friendship (probably will come to a head at that scene with the dragon and ice), Touya will be freed and he and Atsuma will fight Queen of Ice and when beaten somehow Touya will make Queen of Ice his main golem. Thus giving him the ice element.

Karin: In an attempt to kill the Devil Golems for whatever reason she keeps silent to herself til at least half way through the game she angrily over emotionally fights the golems with Atsuma, not to help, but for revenge or to learn something for herself. In reality though, she quite fragile and at some point will have a breakdown. She will then rveal why she's fighting and acting like a brat (or some such other word that starts with "B"). Karin being a fighter will probably have either a non-elemental Devil Golem or just a physical attack one (same thing). I'm guessing that her element is gold (metal) and that scene where she disappears was her fusing or some such thing with that metalic golem or whatever it is.

Makoto: Makoto, the mutual friend of Atsuma and Touya, will fight along side just because. Fairly free spirited and flows one way or the other as the mood suits him, mainly 'cause he's a trouble maker and likes to tease. He's probably their for comedy relief; getting Atsuma in trouble and causing funny odd situtations, which is a bit stereotypical (the gays meddlers and flippitant garbage... at least he isn't pulling "Okama Kicks"). As his personality might suggest along with is weapon (saxaphone... or wind instruments in general) his Devil Golem will be wind based. I imagine a bird of sometype?

Raiga: Ah yes the strong silent type. Raiga's story will be centered in the past. Some tragic story where he lost his family or something and Karin's father saved him. To add meaning to his presence, aside from Karin's protector, the wo/man involved with the tragic incident will somehow be tied to the current craziness with Atsuma. Raiga is strong and where green clothes. This suggests the his Devil Golem's element with be nature basd. A monster tree perhaps, or a Malboro or something? I can see a wolf also working.

Yuuki: Ah yes, the newly announced character. Yuuki bright and rambunchious (SP? sheesh) with a smile always on her face. She never let's anything get her down and will be a bit of comedy relief tied in with cutesy incidents. In reality, she's suffered some great injustice and is wounded terribly to her very core, but like a little trooper she goes on. She joins the group under some strange and silly pretense, but has some alterior motive in a similar vein as Karin. And at some point when the group feels all hope lost her inner strength will give the group will to rise again. As a high spirited girl it only make sense that her Devil Golem's element is electric in nature. Although, I've ventured Makoto will have a bird Devil Golem I keep thinking hers would be a Thunderbird.

Basic story:

Earthquake in area... Atsuma and Touya and maybe Makoto investigate... Atsuma's Devil Golem arm awakens Queen of Ice... Queen of Ice controls Touya and makes him fight Atsuma... after fight she runs away with Touya (scene where Atsuma's Devil Golem arm catches queen of ice then the escape scene)... Atsuma after learning a little about what's going on goes in search of Touya, Makoto joins him... they meet Karin and Raiga, a little tiff and spat (no emotional ties between Karin and Atsuma I think) they join up... sometime later they meet Yuuki, she joins up... at some point in this process Touya is regained where in the story I dunno... the group then learns that queen of ice isn't the real threat... there's some GREATER evil who has been pulling the strings all along... the group together beat evil and happy days or not.

environments look bland and lifeless, art design is atrocious, but I'm still digging this game for some reason. Hope it turns out well and sees a release stateside.

expletive said:
And now the $64,000 questrion...

Whats in-engine, whats gameplay, whats pre-rendered movies?

I think its sort of good that you have to ask that question ;)

Just a rough estimate here...

0:00-0:18 CG
0:19-0:29 Ingame
0:30-0:41 Ingame Cutscene
0:42-0:50 CG
0:51-1:00 Ingame Cutscene
1:01-1:08 CG
1:09-1:15 Ingame
1:16-1:27 Ingame Cutscene
1:28-1:29 CG
1:30-1:42 Ingame Cutscene
1:43-1:44 CG
1:45-1:55 Ingame Cutscene
1:56-1:57 CG
1:58-2:07 Ingame Cutscene
2:08-2:09 CG
2:10-2:13 Ingame Cutscene
2:14-2:15 CG
2:16-3:13 CG

Mefisutoferesu said:
Just a rough estimate here...

0:00-0:18 CG
0:19-0:29 Ingame
0:30-0:41 Ingame Cutscene
0:42-0:50 CG
0:51-1:00 Ingame Cutscene
1:01-1:08 CG
1:09-1:15 Ingame
1:16-1:27 Ingame Cutscene
1:28-1:29 CG
1:30-1:42 Ingame Cutscene
1:43-1:44 CG
1:45-1:55 Ingame Cutscene
1:56-1:57 CG
1:58-2:07 Ingame Cutscene
2:08-2:09 CG
2:10-2:13 Ingame Cutscene
2:14-2:15 CG
2:16-3:13 CG

Could you be more specific please?

:)

Anyonewith some eye for 3D graphics can tell what's in-game, or more specifically in-game-engine, and what is prerendered cgi in that trailer, the difference in quality is obvious.
Most of that trailer is not prerendered.
This game looks to me be the most interesting xbox360 game I've seen, while there might be technically more advanced titles, this looks good because of the style and art direction and I suppose there is some good storyline behind it too.

With one of the latest speech codecs, you can compress 1 hour of very high quality speech into 10 megs (assuming 24 kbit/s). 50 hours of speech is still a lot, but will occupy only 1/16th of a dual layer DVD.

Back